Shetland Box Office

Is Shetland Box Office Fit for purpose  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is Shetland Box Office Fit for purpose

• Yes
    • No

Whether the retention time is 1 minute or 1 hour, it makes no difference, there are still only the same number of tickets to go into the baskets.

Yes this can result in a few tickets being made available later but again whether its a few minutes or an hour is irrelevant. There will always be cases where payments fail, people change their minds, and most commonly I suspect where groups are making multiple attempts (I know that is the case with "us" - a few people on laptops, some on phones, someone there in person) and when one gets through, the others stop trying.

At the end of the day its a small percentage, and in a way it rewards those persistent enough to bear with it and not give up :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the {'f' it was funny in Father Ted 'eck'} needs an hour? That's what screws it up for many and hence people being able to buy at a later time yet being told earlier it was sold out.

It is a shame you did not get the tickets you wanted, it has always been the same though. I do wish you better luck in your next attempt. Even before the internet, you could pre-book theatre tickets by phone, or go and wait in line for them. We did used to wait though on the night as those who did not show for their reserved tickets lost them and they were on sale again.

Though, many folk came from all over to get tickets for events at the North Star if you remember.

Who the {'f' it was funny in Father Ted 'eck'} needs an hour? That's what screws it up for many and hence people being able to buy at a later time yet being told earlier it was sold out.

It is a shame you did not get the tickets you wanted, it has always been the same though. I do wish you better luck in your next attempt. Even before the internet, you could pre-book theatre tickets by phone, or go and wait in line for them. We did used to wait though on the night as those who did not show for their reserved tickets lost them and they were on sale again.

Though, many folk came from all over to get tickets for events at the North Star if you remember.

SP, who said anything about me getting tickets for KK? I look upon it he's somebody well past their sell by date and I wouldn't be prepared to pay £30 to go and see him. I suspect there will be many who think he will sound like he did yonks ago only to discover he shortens the songs, 'speaks' more than sings the songs and the actual tempo/speed of the songs has gone right down in pace. Shame, he should have retired gracefully.

Another thing, SP - you know damned well I moved here after the North Star closed. Don't try to say your comments were aimed at peeps in general because if so, then there was no need to quote me.

And Spinner72, it does make a difference - there is no way the gig could be sold out within 30 minutes, especially if you consider that the tickets haven't been paid for. It is unfair to have tickets sitting in someone's basket for an hour and those tickets can't (I presume?) be allocated as available on sale again until that hour is up. 15 minutes is ample, even with a naff internet connection.

So, are your complaints just about how bad the artist is and how difficult it would be to go and see an artist you do not like?

I know you had not been up there that long, but I forgot to space the prose, ever so sorry. Though, an observation, is there anything good about Shetland in your mind?

So, are your complaints just about how bad the artist is and how difficult it would be to go and see an artist you do not like?

Nope.

I know you had not been up there that long, but I forgot to space the prose, ever so sorry. Though, an observation, is there anything good about Shetland in your mind?

Plenty, and the fact that some certain people don't live here is a definite plus.

unlink why were you trying to get tickets for someone your not keen on. seems slightly odd.

maybe named tickets could help.

See above comment. I never said I was trying to get tickets. JFC, it appears you ain't allowed to comment on a thread as to whether or not SBO is fit-for-purpose unless you were trying to purchase tickets for KK! :?

SP, who said anything about me getting tickets for KK? I look upon it he's somebody well past their sell by date and I wouldn't be prepared to pay £30 to go and see him. I suspect there will be many who think he will sound like he did yonks ago only to discover he shortens the songs, 'speaks' more than sings the songs and the actual tempo/speed of the songs has gone right down in pace. Shame, he should have retired gracefully.

This has nothing to do with the way tickets are sold, which is one of the things you are complaining about. You complain as if you have tried.

I doubt a certain person would really care for your comments as that certain person would be out enjoying all the positives Shetland has to offer and of course, offering a helping hand.

SP, the person to whom I referred hasn't even met you to the best of my knowledge and given they couldn't stand the place ... :shock:

I'm not posting on this thread any more ... I ain't getting into yet another SP v unlinkedstudent syndrome.

SP, the person to whom I referred ....

You did say

...... and the fact that some certain people don't live here....

I have yet to understand why the perceived quality of a group, has a bearing on the way tickets are sold. I also did not understand your what you are missing snippet you posted, what was the reason for that? Just a wind up?

Though, looking at the way tickets are sold, for some members of the community, it can only be a good thing. Those who are less able to hang around in lines of folk do not have to.

As Spinner said, you all seem to know the way the system operates, best work with it. All this complaining on social media, does not always work, though, I guess if there were thousands upon thousands of complaints it may. Bet write to them in your multitude.

they sold a 1000 tickets in 30 mins thats impressive. either the guy is very good or shetlanders like throwing 30k away. as 5% of the population has tickets he must be good.

good on the promoter, performer and the box office. hope it goes well.

As Spinner said, you all seem to know the way the system operates, best work with it.

Whether or not Spinner said that does not make it true.

I'd suspect that for a fair number of people this would have been their first experience of using SBO. Or at least their first experience of using it for such a popular event where demand was always likely to exceed supply. I might be wrong.

So, what is the answer? Go back to single points of sale or give folk a chance/lottery on getting them via internet. I have lined up for hours to get tickets elsewhere to have them all sold out within touching distance of the desk.

Though selling tickets at 1 every 1.8 seconds, there may be saturation problems.