Upper Esplanade??

Ghostrider

Anybody hear SIBC's ads for this "Continental Market" thing, that's being held at "the Upper Esplanade"?

This is the thingy that's happening under the Fort, I'm assuming. If so, when did part of Commercial Road get re-named. The Fort Chippy's address has always been 2 Commercial Road and Thulecraft at No. 6. Do they really want folk to have a clue where this thing is being held, as apparently choosing their own new names for places folk know as something else surely won't help anybody.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ True, but not everybody lives in da toon either, nor are they necessarily familiar with all of da toon, then there are those infamous tourists who are allegedly worth so much to the local economy, so if it ain't on the map its not helping anyone.

Lets face it, for a lot of locals, a trip in to da toon constitutes going to the Coop or Tesco then heading home again these days. Unless you're planning a night on the piss, there's not much left now to drag anybody in past the White House.

I was there today at lunchtime, its quite good. its like the one that was here at the tall ships. so not only do we loss harrison square for parking we now loss the entire parking under the fort too.

SIBC might say anything recarding name places etc, by know we should know the quality of newscasting. i always though that was Commercial Street too. he could have said com, street under the fort.

Saw it today at lunchtime.

Didn't see to many 'local' faces behind the stalls. Pity local businesses haven't seemed to have 'grasped the nettle' in the same way as some of the incomers have..

NB BEFORE anyone starts.

I have NO INTENTION of having this post 'translated' as a racist rant.

Just making a comment, that's all.

...Didn't see to many 'local' faces behind the stalls. Pity local businesses haven't seemed to have 'grasped the nettle' in the same way as some of the incomers have..

I think the "continental" bit gave the game away, the continental market here and in other towns are similar, unless of course they are selling continental foods at a local market.

then there are those infamous tourists who are allegedly worth so much to the local economy, so if it ain't on the map its not helping anyone.

At least they could park at the swimming pool car park :wink:

then there are those infamous tourists who are allegedly worth so much to the local economy, so if it ain't on the map its not helping anyone.

At least they could park at the swimming pool car park :wink:

Dat dey cud, bit dey wid hae a siccar birse an laekly duh a grain o' stunkin ta win aboot-igyen. I doot dey better try an makk a duhins wi da staemir's peer, sic laek is hit is. Hits an aesier stramp if naethin idder.