Upper Esplanade??

Ghostrider

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did say that, well, how would we really know he didn't. Good one.

Still, ATOS assessments are still having a huge impact on folk. You could always ask these folk http://www.shetland-communities.org.uk/disability-shetland/ how the system is working for the disabled.

"First rule of spin – label all criticism, however justified, as negativity."

exciseman

fun and games abound...I am liking this.

^ ....and what makes you think the picture they would give is particularly accurate?

While they may well be highly beneficial to some disabled individuals, their worth to and knowledge of many disabled is zero. They do not exactly "reach out" to try and contact and assist all disabled, and their activities seem beneficial to only those in a few select circumstances.

That said. TOPIC! Any link between the at the moment apparently called "Upper Esplanade" and a collection of stalls theron, and the disabled is only barely vaguely tentative at most. Discussing the general use and abuse of road cones would probably have more on topic value.

Anyone who can't find it is a moron.

I'm sure visitors to Lerwick will really appreciate being called morons. I still don't know where some places are in Lerwick and yep, I use either my Sat Nav or maps on my mobile phone which I suspect some visitors do also.

So Nederlander, do you know your way to every single street address in Shetland and all the other isles here?

I'm sure they don't come on here to look all the pish posted by the regulars. I only happened to stumble upon this most ludicrous of complaints (although no complaint seems to ludicrous for the folk on this forum) by an unfortunate accident.

I stand by my original claim, if anyone missed the market due to it being called the "Upper Esplanade", they are a moron.

I'm sure visitors to Lerwick will really appreciate being called morons. I still don't know where some places are in Lerwick and yep, I use either my Sat Nav or maps on my mobile phone which I suspect some visitors do also.

So Nederlander, do you know your way to every single street address in Shetland and all the other isles here?

I'm sure they don't come on here to look all the pish posted by the regulars. I only happened to stumble upon this most ludicrous of complaints (although no complaint seems to ludicrous for the folk on this forum) by an unfortunate accident.

I stand by my original claim, if anyone missed the market due to it being called the "Upper Esplanade", they are a moron.

Correct, 2 pages of incredible amount of urine being typed by the usual suspects!

Correct, 2 pages of incredible amount of urine being typed by the usual suspects!

Correct!!! Complete wallopers 😃

it must have been good the kids were begging to go yesterday. did not go as the cost would have been very high. seriously how can anyone not know where it is. its overlooked by a building with cannons jutting out. the sea is on the other side. Shetland is not that big for the locals to get lost. well not unless they have been to the pub first.

anyone know how to make the pistachio fluffy stuff in pastry it was gorgeous.

While it is hardly a critical error it would surely have been best for whoever placed the advert on SIBC to get the location correct. Like Commercial Road or the car park below the fort might have been clearer.

But since Shetlink is a complainers forum I intent to complain. Commercial road below the fort is the only way for legitimate (and other) traffic to exit from most of Commercial Street and I was not happy to find the pavement being used by a flower seller. Not when there was still traffic using the road. In fact the organisers can take this as a public warning that if the pavement is blocked with flowers I will not hesitate to walk all over them.......so there!.