And so it begins.... the fly-tipping in a loch

Frances144

This needs to go straight to the Times, some one will recognise this. It will probably be the youngsters who will say something.

I know certain councillors read these pages as well, it would be no trouble to contact you for further details.

This has happened not because there are no skip, but because of folks selfishness and disregard for the environment.

Plenty evidence on this for a prosecution. This is not a 'result' of not having a skip to dump in as it would've been incorrect to put a fridge in a skip anyway - just someone who couldn't give a scoot.

Or perhaps it's some bairns making a 'boat' to play in the loch with or finding some innovative way to flit paets. We used to drag plenty of old crap to the loch when I was young for all sorts of reasons that make perfect sense to an 11 year old boy.

^^^ Just about to post the same thing. Councillor Alan Wishart said on Radio Shetland that fly tipping would not happen in Shetland.

There has been rubbish dumped near us where the skip used to be and I was going to take a photo and post it, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt as it is mostly bags of wood and it is near the bairns bonfire site. But there is also an old wheel and bit of carpet lying there.

I have never seen "kids" playing boats in that loch. I drive past it most days. The occasional fisherman is there perhaps, but never kids.

That was dumped deliberately.

There were two skips about 1 mile either way (taken away now due to "CUTS"). One was the Sandness skip and the other, a little further away (1.5miles), the Dale of Walls skip.

This needs to go straight to the Times, some one will recognise this. It will probably be the youngsters who will say something.

I know certain councillors read these pages as well, it would be no trouble to contact you for further details.

This has happened not because there are no skip, but because of folks selfishness and disregard for the environment.

Ah'm disregarded me aen environment several times. Man, woken up in a slester 'o sharn. Claertit - haed tae fit! Christ! If only dae hid kent, no?