fairground stuff

majorhun

hope malcolm younger is making a sizeable donation to R.N.L.I for that terible fairground stuff hes put up at thule and harrison square. lifeboat open day on saturday and lots of folk will think its them thats done it, someone will get hurt on it, next to two pubs and a main road. disaster

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The height of positioning stupidity.

Take a look at the photos of 60yeras ago and see what this part of the harbour looked like then.

It's time to do this again, by building out another 50meters, right along the lower esplanade..

The Street is the street and nothing can be done with it in any major way,

So while they are busy extending everything at Gremista etc for pure business purposes, the LPA and the SIC should be planning for the Street by expanding the periphery along the current waterfront.

Simples - and leave the T alone.

I haven't been in past the Esplanade today but the moment I saw where they'd put the fair ground rides I was dumbstruck and the exact same thought of "an accident waiting to happen" crossed my mind.

It's one thing trying to revitalise "da toon centre" but in my humble opinion what I'm seeing so far is utter stupidity(Harrison Square/Clydesdale Bank) and cringeworthy(Simmer Dim Street Party).

Alas, it would seem to be futile trying to explain the error of their ways to them though......

....Street Party).

Wednesday 19 June, 2013 12:32

Today Dry start. A little showery rain later.

Tonight Mainly dry.

Tomorrow Some rain. Drier overnight.

Days 3 5 Some rain and mist. Breezy for a time.

Days 6-10 Showers then drier and brighter with lighter winds.

:?

How did they get planning permission for that location or is it just a free for all now ?

Try writing/phoning the people who submit permissions to find out?

But in short the information supplied that gave them the original permission did not match what turned up, hence why they are now moving

In order to clear up any confusion, the fair was organised by Malcolm Younger to support his charity, the Callum Younger Reach Fund and run alongside the Midsummer Carnival. His intention was to provide something different for the public whilst raising money to help children in Shetland to attain their goals.

Living Lerwick did not organise the fair and neither did Lerwick Town Centre Association (which no longer exists).

It is now being moved to Grantfield due to concerns from various parties on the size of the equipment for the area and compliance with health and safety.

In order to clear up any confusion, the fair was organised by Malcolm Younger to support his charity, the Callum Younger Reach Fund and run alongside the Midsummer Carnival. His intention was to provide something different for the public whilst raising money to help children in Shetland to attain their goals.

If it's a charity, then how come there is no registered charity number on his website and it isn't listed as one?

If it's a charity, then how come there is no registered charity number on his website and it isn't listed as one?

Because, as far as I know, you do not have to register as a charity with OSCR etc.

The only benefits would be relief on some of your expenses (if any).

Imho, only a fool would place themselves at OSCR's mercy

Not being registered with OSCR means no public accountaibility. It was set up after a number of scandals where people thought they were suppoerting charity but in fact money was being syphoned off by the organisers. Not that I would ever suggest that is why the fund has not been registered as a charity.