fairground stuff

majorhun

Why do I now have a vision of bulldozing everything east of the Hillhead in to the dock to create that 50 mtrs, and redeveloping the street area with a single line of readily accessible business premises.

Well, bulldoze everything, except the T of course. :wink:

Cripes, I never thaought of this..

I intend therefore, to move, lock, stock and barrel into the T, :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you refer to yourself as a charity, then you must be registered with OSCR - see below - and be subject to public accountability. I'm not sure and may be wrong but I believe that the Callum Younger Reach Fund might perhaps be a trust or something similar and because it's classed as such, doesn't have to have the public accountability that a charity does? Maybe someone more knowledgeable could clarify? Hasten to add that I am no way inferring that the Callum Younger Reach Fund is not being run correctly.

"Thank you for your email of 23 August 2012 enquiring as to the requirement for charities operating in Scotland to register with OSCR.

If a body is referring to itself as a charity it is required to be registered with OSCR. You can confirm that a body is a registered charity by searching our Charity Register search the charity register. If you still have concerns that the body concerned is not registered but referring to themselves as a charity you should forward the full details to us to enable us to follow it up.

I trust this answers your query and if you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us on 01382 220446 or by email at info@oscr.org.uk."

Fifi, thank you for sharing that. My understanding was that due to the nature of what the fund does, it would have to be registered.

When I helped the disabled guy who handcycled from Shetland to the Scilly Isles, there was a 'trust' assisting him with back-up. They thought because they were calling themselves a 'trust' they didn't have to be registered - they had to get registered in England. The Scottish Regulator may be different but I thought they were pretty much on par with the English one; in essence, you can't hide behind the title of your organisation but the test falls upon how such an organisation raises funds.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their support and concern over the last 2 days.

Planning permission had been granted but for a smaller ride than the one sited at our only door. Unfortunately the 1st we and our neighbours knew was when the ride arrived, despite being informed that Malcolm had consulted with everyone who would be affected.

When I expressed concern about wheelchair access I was told by the ride operators that the disabled kiddies were getting free rides today and that I was making trouble for a CHARITY.

In fact throughout this whole debacle CHARITY has been thrown at anyone who's dared to question what was going on. So yes he's referring to it as a CHARITY.

We're lucky we didn't have to worry about vibration sensitive alarms, or in Harrison square where residents were having to deal with faces going past their 2nd and 3rd floor flat windows. I'm not a driver but have many a story from taxi drivers dodging folk forced into the roads.

Thank you too to the roads dept for their reassurance during all this, and I assume it's also they I have to thank for finding a more suitable venue.

Bloody hell folk lighten up, its only for a weekend and at least it something for the bairns to go to. Well done Malcolm for at least trying, any of the complainers here pulling their finger out to help or come with some good ideas? Nah didna think it.

Yeah, ootside the Thule wisna the best idea. Should have put the rides at the 'upper Esplanade' where the market was, plenty o room there!

Keep cheery folks.....its for da bairns remember.....peerie smiley faces, whit could be better? :D

Frankly, if I had bairns I would be reluctant to let them go on those rides simply because the whole outfit looks so rough and tacky.

@livinglerwick, I appreciate you didn't have anything to do with the funfair :)

Ideas?. In humble honesty I'm brimming with ideas but "the establishment" doesn't want to know......

Well done Malcolm for at least trying, any of the complainers here pulling their finger out to help or come with some good ideas? Nah didna think it.

I still think sending in the bulldozers is the best idea.

Yeah, ootside the Thule wisna the best idea. Should have put the rides at the 'upper Esplanade' where the market was, plenty o room there!

What was wrong with the pier, the place that seems to have become established for summer daytime sprees. Plenty of room and accessible - LPA probably had more sense though, or the man wouldn't put his hand in his pocket for their fee.

Keep cheery folks.....

Bu**er that! Anybody that's still smiling does appreciate the severity of the issues.

Why can't you all shut up and forget the negative for once?

You all have to blooter on from your sad lives

Dismissing everything!

Give it a break please.

Shut up and let our kids enjoy something out of the norm.

Or whit - you gonna exterminate us seeing you are a Dalek? :)

paulb, you sometimes blow hot and cold like a cheap kettle, but you make good copy - sometimes :lol:

Frankly, if I had bairns I would be reluctant to let them go on those rides simply because the whole outfit looks so rough and tacky.

@livinglerwick, I appreciate you didn't have anything to do with the funfair :)

Ideas?. In humble honesty I'm brimming with ideas but "the establishment" doesn't want to know......

Whats 'the establishment'? Whoever they are seem to be able to put Malcolms ideas into practice.

Out of interest, what are 'some' of you're ideas?

I think they should have put the rides exactly where the market was last week, plenty of room there. Pity it's such a crap day for it not many people kicking about the pier today!