New Housing Scheme

Kavi Ugl

"“Half of the properties have been offered to existing social rented tenants affected by the housing benefit changes, with the remainder allocated to waiting list, transfer and homeless applicants." (From SN)

Someone care to explain how the above works with relation to the points system then? How many 'lists' does SIC Housing have: Waiting, Transfer and Homeless (Edit: and now a list for affected by Housing Benefit changes)? That doesn't appear to make sense/add up.

Surely if someone has been affected by the housing benefit changes, they would either be an SIC/Hjaltland tenant and go on the 'Transfer List'? (or if renting in the private sector, they would go on the 'Waiting List'?)

If someone was homeless they would go on the 'Waiting List'? (or if they were in temporary emergency accommodation, is that 'Transfer' and not 'Waiting'?)

In other words, what the hell happened to the points being awarded to those most in need?

Anyone know?

Anyone know?

Go straight to the horses mouth. All you'll get asking that question here is assumptions and rubbish, probably in that order from folk that aren't involved in the decision making.

Well, you could say that I already have - there is nothing within their allocations policy online regarding those affected by the bedroom tax; and whilst I take your point re assumptions and rubbish, it may well be the case that somebody reading this thread is someone who has been on the 'Housing Register' either as homeless or awaiting transfer, and so forth. If memory serves me correctly, I think there's also someone who contributes to this site who was formerly a Housing Officer.

Many councils have put the BT into the formulae for next year. Here we have priority banding, I think BT folk are in the 3rd band of priorities here. There will be I would guess a new selection process being worked on.

I think it is about being on the ball and keeping up to date with the goings on. I would check with any future plans rather than existing.

Many councils have put the BT into the formulae for next year. Here we have priority banding, I think BT folk are in the 3rd band of priorities here. There will be I would guess a new selection process being worked on.

I think it is about being on the ball and keeping up to date with the goings on. I would check with any future plans rather than existing.

So are you suggesting that Housing should NOT be following policies and procedures as per the guidelines from the Ombudsman or that they should make it up as they go along? My understanding of Council procedures, especially with regard to Housing Registers that utilise point systems, was that they had to follow their existing procedures and published policies and had to be fair - they have to follow due process and can't just say "oh yeah, we'll do X" if X isn't in the policy/procedure. And surely those affected by the BT would fall into an existing category?

You need to first read and them do some legwork.

There are various New additions to the housing policy.

I can only assume you are not aware of them.

SP, if that is the case, then how come the Allocations Policy hasn't been updated and the new version online? The Allocations Policy was last updated in July 2012 and it is that document to which applicants are referred to.

There are additions such as Armed forces personnel and the way they are treated with housing lists, I am sure you know all about that, it is forced upon providers. These have to be ratified.

I have no idea what you are trying to gain from this?

Now then, when did the bed room tax come into force?

Looking at the allocations policy document, it is up for review this year.