Views on recently watched films

Mia

Did anyone watch Wolf Creek on Film Four on Saturday night? Or was I the only person that stayed in on Saturday? :( :)

Slightly disturbing but good not seen too many Australian films but this I was quite impressed and scared!!

If you are going to watch this film do so with caution not for the faint hearted or squimish!!

:D :D

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen it on DVD. Good film. Liked the way that it could so easily happen (it was loosley based on actual cases in Australia).

Totally agree I put shivers up my spine!! And the fact that there has been a few cases over the years of crazy pchyos like that in Australia, bet the film did wonders for the tourist trade! :D

I have seen it on DVD. Good film. Liked the way that it could so easily happen (it was loosley based on actual cases in Australia).

Totally agree I put shivers up my spine!! And the fact that there has been a few cases over the years of crazy pchyos like that in Australia, bet the film did wonders for the tourist trade! :D

Wonder how the film Hostel helped the tourist trade in eastern Europe?

Wonder how the film Hostel helped the tourist trade in eastern Europe?

oooooo yeah I have been told about that film but never watched it is it pretty gorey?

Yeah uncut version sometimes are quite dissapointing though!

Except from the Lord of the Rings Directors cut wow that has got some serious extra bits in it!! Something crazy like an extra 2 hours for each film!! Its great if you know anyone that has the box set get a shot of it!!

I enjoyed Wolf Creek. I've written some stuff about it below, highlight it if you want to read it...I've put it in cyan to make it easier to "not read", there are spoilers in it.

I liked how the tone of the movie changed completely about half way through, the first half being very "Road Movie" like before completely changing tone. I would have preferred to have seen it without reading all the hype beforehand I think, simply because you knew that guy who helped them was about to turn into a bar steward.

Some bits towards the end annoyed me. Like the guy being in the back of the very car that the girl sat in. Kind of cliched. I loved the scene where the other girl is picked up by the old guy and you hear a distant sound just after he places the flask on top of the car, when the flask comes back into shot it has a bullethole through it...I loved that.

Thats enough about Wolf Creek.

The only film I've been to see at the cinema was Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - not as good as Curse of the Black Pearl.

There are a few movies coming out over the next month that I will be seeing...Snakes on a Plane of course, Clerks 2.

Lady in the Water looks interesting, it's M. Night Shyamalanalanalanalan's new film so there will likely be some sort of twist towards the end. The only films of his I actually liked was Signs. The Villiage was terrible, and Sixth Sense is vastly over-rated.

The last film I saw in the cinema was the 3rd X-Men it was ok never as good as the first one but still impressive with special effects!!

I have never seen the village and beleive it or not I have never seen Sixth Sense (because I was told the end! :( ) but I really enjoyed Signs I though it was a great film!!

Has anyone seen spirited away?? (dont tell me what happens I am going to watch it this weekend!!)

:D :D :D

This may sound a bit wet, but Wolf Creek is one of 2 films that I really wish I'd never seen, purely because of its disturbing nature. I felt kinda sick afterwards.

The other movie, by the way, is the highly acclaimed "requiem for a dream", which left me feeling empty and traumatised for days!!

Artistically this may be an achievement, but it's not an experience that I'd like to go through again.

The most recent movie I really enjoyed was Serenity, the first decent scif in what seems like years. I also watched Jacob's Ladder for the 1st time last week. I enjoyed it, but had heard so much about it that I was expecting something a bit off the wall anyway, so wasn't to shocked by it.

We bought requiem for a dream about a year ago and it is still in the wrapper purely because we forgot about it but now that you mention it I might just give it a try but I dont really want to traumatised for a week!!

I loved Jacob's Ladder the first time I saw it I really confused me in bits but it is a brillant film and one that I have not watched for at while thank you for reminding me of it!!

Has anyone seen spirited away?? (dont tell me what happens I am going to watch it this weekend!!)

:D :D :D

Spirited Away is really good. Some amazing animation and a great story that children and adults can enjoy. Have it on DVD somewhere wouldent mind watching it again now!

Jacobs ladder was really good as well. Liked the way you were never sure what was going on but think i understoud it at the end, but atleast it made you think.