Views on recently watched films

Mia

Has anyone seen spirited away?? (dont tell me what happens I am going to watch it this weekend!!)

:D :D :D

Spirited Away is really good. Some amazing animation and a great story that children and adults can enjoy. Have it on DVD somewhere wouldent mind watching it again now!

Jacobs ladder was really good as well. Liked the way you were never sure what was going on but think i understoud it at the end, but atleast it made you think.

Cool thanks for that looking forward to it :D

I watched La Haine for the first time about 2 months ago and it is a brilliant film so good that it made my top ten! It is a excellant film one that everyone should watch if nothing more than to actually watch a french film!! :D :D

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard good things about La Haine but never seen it yet. I did enjoy City of God, but cannot belive how many people I know who will not watch these films as they have subtitals. I think its just lazyness as they are not that difficult to read.

Old Boy is one of my fave films. Execellent start, a drunk guy is knocked out and when he wakes up finds himself locked in a motel room. He is then kept imprisoned for 15 years without seeing anyone or knowing why in this room. He is then all of a sudden freed and told he has a week to find out why he was imprisoned or he will be killed. Some great twists.

Anyone seen Momento?

I have heard good things about La Haine but never seen it yet. I did enjoy City of God, but cannot belive how many people I know who will not watch these films as they have subtitals. I think its just lazyness as they are not that difficult to read.

Old Boy is one of my fave films. Execellent start, a drunk guy is knocked out and when he wakes up finds himself locked in a motel room. He is then kept imprisoned for 15 years without seeing anyone or knowing why in this room. He is then all of a sudden freed and told he has a week to find out why he was imprisoned or he will be killed. Some great twists.

Anyone seen Momento?

I loved City of God the first time I saw it I really didn't want it to end!! :(

I know what you mean about people not wanting to watch films with subtitels I used to be one until I watched that Chinese film man woman something something (cant remember the proper name of it), I reckon everyone should give it a go!!

City of God have a televsion series out, dont know what it is like but I saw it in bookworld has anyone seen it??

Sorry never seen Momento.

Momento was ok, a really cool premise, but I think it's perhaps a wee bit overrated.

Speaking of subtitled movies, I saw fateless last night : "An unsentimental yet powerfully intense look at the horrors of the Holocaust, through the eyes and experiences of a fourteen-year-old Hungarian boy". Jaysus, it was long and tiresome. the characters were flat (although concentration camp life is hardly the stuff of entertainment, to be fair) and the plot was very slow.

On the bright side, it means I get to watch superman next week and her indoors has to come with me! ;)

Watched "Dead Mans Shoes" last night on Film 4.

A fairly grueling and disturbing British slasher film come revenge story - and albeit no major punches were pulled with the story ... the fact that I was disturbed through its uncomprimising raw styling and Paddy Considine's utterly "devoid of compassion towards his enemies" central character / anti-hero I would say I would definetely watch it again!

If you've not seen this film - try to! A damn good "British" film with people and characters closer to home than your general Hollywood pap thats churned out!!

I watched Wolf Creek last weekend and wis fairly traumatised by it for 2 nights. Big sap.

Da most enjoyable film I've watched recently wis Kung Fu Hustle on dvd, not deep or worthy joost damn good hilarious, dubbed entertainment. Although, I did feel fairly traumatised by the snutter trail on da peerie boy at the end!

Watched "Dead Mans Shoes" last night on Film 4.

A fairly grueling and disturbing British slasher film come revenge story - and albeit no major punches were pulled with the story ... the fact that I was disturbed through its uncomprimising raw styling and Paddy Considine's utterly "devoid of compassion towards his enemies" central character / anti-hero I would say I would definetely watch it again!

If you've not seen this film - try to! A damn good "British" film with people and characters closer to home than your general Hollywood pap thats churned out!!

The same director/writer did No Room For Romeo Brass it also has Paddy in it. No one I know has seen it, but its one of my fave films. Dead Mans Shoes was good as well. Have to say I never got the twist till near the end.

Has anyone seen Sexy Beast? It was showed on the first night of free film four but it was past my bedtime (sunday night!).

I have read and seen reviews about it and it is meant to be really good I would just love to see Ben Kingsley be a nasty cockney gangster no more mr nice ghandi!!

:D :D

I watched Trainspotting on Saturday night on film four for about the millionth time and I am pleased to say that it is still one of my favs, a brilliant british film one that will go on for a very long!!

The only problem was that it is looking a bit old but hey it is ten years old!! I know I didnt want to beleive that either!!! But Ewan McGregor hmmmmmmmm I think I will still drool over him in trainspotting when im 80!!

:D :D

I know that this isnt a film but I have been watching old episodes of Cracker!! If you live on the mainland and have telewest tv you can watch old episodes of Cracker and many more brilliant tv series for £5 extra a month and if you want you can get rid of it after a month brilliant!! I should be a telly sales woman! :D

Back to Cracker though why is there nothing like that on telly anymore it is such a great series!! I say bring back Cracker!!!

:) :)

Walk the Line- story of the life of Johnny Cash. I absolutely loved it. Good film in every way. Make sure you see it. :wink:

Totally agree with you on that one!! Walk the line is an excellant film!! It is really good to watch in the ceinema as the music is soooo lound in the beginning it makes your insides tremble!! :D

I think I enjoyed it even more because I was able to go and watch it with my dad in the knowledge that he was really enjoying it and not just putting up with it for my sake!! :D :D