Views on recently watched films

Mia

Totally agree with you on that one!! Walk the line is an excellant film!! It is really good to watch in the ceinema as the music is soooo lound in the beginning it makes your insides tremble!! :D

I think I enjoyed it even more because I was able to go and watch it with my dad in the knowledge that he was really enjoying it and not just putting up with it for my sake!! :D :D

Yeh, it did present, for me also, the unique scenario where me and my dad went out of our ways to see the same film (separately), pretty universal appeal in a movie is a wondeful thing.

I agree about the rib-cage rattling music at the beginning, that was really cool.

It's the first movie i have seen in a long time that seemed to fly by in no time, and i was vexed that it ended, yet at the same time was fully in understanding and agreement as to why it ended there.

A very clever snapshot of what made JC the legend that he is, very well made, Joaquin Pheonix and Reese Witherspoon werre both exemplary in their roles. Best new film, i've seen in ages. AND despite it being perceived by some as "merely a love story" and close to "chic flick" territory, i would strongly disagree and say that if you take it that way, you're not really getting it. :wink:

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly Njungle!!!

I felt very emotional when I watched this film as it brought back so many memories of childhood as I grew up with JCs music and because he sadly passed away a year before :cry:

Jacquin Pheonix and Reese Whetherspoon were brilliant in the film!!

I dont think there could of been a better actor for the part of Jonny Cash!!

:D :D

When I first read that Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon were to play John and June, I was willing to write the film off completely. Although I soon found out that the actors had been picked by John and June themselves before their deaths which restored some faith before reading that Reese Witherspoon had come close to taking legal action to get herself out of the filming contract (bet she is glad she didn't now).

I loved the film, as already metnioned, it does lose some of its magic on the small screen but is still amazing.

I watched The Shawshank Redemption last night. Bloody fantastic as always.

Ahh the Shawshank Redemption just saying that words make me feel cosy that film is an absolute masterpiece!! Can you believe that the Daily Mail gave Lake Placid (the crappy film with the huge crok) more stars than Shawshank 8O they should be hung drawn and quartered!!

The Green Mile is coming on telly soon aswell I love Film Four!!!!! :D :D

Watched Dog Soldiers last night again.

I love this film, but who doesn't like werewolves eh?

Some of the dialogue between the soldiers is brilliant, my favourite part being the scene with Coop, Sarge and Megan whilst Sarge is drunk.

Favourite overall quote is from Sarge - "We are now up against live, hostile targets. So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch."

I see there is a followup planned. It scares me.

Watched Dog Soldiers last night again.

I love this film, but who doesn't like werewolves eh?

Some of the dialogue between the soldiers is brilliant, my favourite part being the scene with Coop, Sarge and Megan whilst Sarge is drunk.

Favourite overall quote is from Sarge - "We are now up against live, hostile targets. So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch."

I see there is a followup planned. It scares me.

I really enjoy watching Dog Soldiers its one of those film that I dont really get bored with and I like the fact that the dog survives! Plus there is some really funny dialouge with the soldiers!! Rock on Dog Soldiers :D

Have you seen The Descent?

Same director, very good film.

No I haven't seen that one, I will look it up cheers :D

Have you seen the Bunker I watched it one night on sky its not too bad a bit cheesy but watchable.