Scam inheritance letters

Keep an eye out for folk being taken in by some scam letters - I know several folk who've got them so there's probably a lot around in Shetland. They claim to be tying up affairs of a long-lost relative in China, and hint at inheritance. Folk used to scam email won't be taken in, but since these are unusually coming by post, and mentioning a relative called Charles with the surname of the recipient, there's a chance folk will respond.

heard about it on the radio, would gaff if they tried it with my surname, there are 4 of us I've found so far in the world (used to say 3 until I found another unrelated in the states)

As old as the scam is, doesn't stop folk sending out the letters or folks falling for it, tbh for a lot of folks if it comes addressed directly to you through the mail it does seem more "real" than an email to a random email address.

this scam has been going round for as long as i remember. if people are stupid enough to fall for it then it says something about the person. Remember if something seems too good to be true.............. it usually is.

idiots...........................idiots everywhere

There are folk who are not always able to make the similar choices you were able to when you ridiculed folk losing their lives. With folk with the onset of dementia kept in the community longer, the nasty side is those who will prey on them as easy targets. They are certainly not as you described them.

With the way things are going, there will be more folk who are vulnerable to such scams.

Anyone had a phone call from a guy claiming to be doing a survey for NFU ?

He asked a load of questions then wanted me to go online to view some pictures? i thought hell with that and said my computer was broken.

Maybe all ok but wasnt going to take the chance.