Accommodation Barge

Equality Street

Does the big accommodation barge  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Does the big accommodation barge

• Yes
    • No

If there were a couple of honking great supply ships tied up there, no-one would bat an eyelid. I never hear folk in Aberdeen complaining about all the commercial gear being slap bang next to a shopping 'experience'.....

It's a temporary fixture providing accom for a workforce, attempt to welcome the benefits and endure the terrible suffering and hardship it is obviously bringing to some......

Death will bring sweet release, no doubt :roll:

I never hear folk in Aberdeen complaining about all the commercial gear being slap bang next to a shopping 'experience'.....

On what planet would that be a reasonable comparison? Maybe if the Aberdeen equivalent was the freakin' Death Star... :wink:

I never hear folk in Aberdeen complaining about all the commercial gear being slap bang next to a shopping 'experience'.....

On what planet would that be a reasonable comparison? Maybe if the Aberdeen equivalent was the freakin' Death Star... :wink:

That could explain the bloke in a black cape waving a florouscent/floresent/flowerasent....ffs...light tube about outside the Thule.....

Death will bring sweet release, no doubt

Oh, I dunno. Any afterlife could well have as many trials and tribulations....then of course, there's the risk you could end up as one of the undead.... :?

or on an accommodation barge miles from anywhere :P

Someone suggested to me that the barge(s) should have been moored at Dales Voe..... What a load of ****.

If I was a resident of one of these floatels(?) I sure as hell wouldn't want to be tied up miles from anywhere just so that I didn't offend(?) the locals with my presence.

Live and let live and, if you have the courtesy, enjoy meeting a few new faces.

As for the view(?)... Move a few yards either side and you will get it back...

FWIW;

I can remember when the Sea Crown(?) was tied up to the spur on the Victoria Pier for months on end. Apart from looking like an ugly old 'rust bucket' if brought the added benefit(?) of hundreds of seagulls who, as they will, proceeded to cover the waterfront in sharn and, the 'moaning minnies' are complaining about a floating hotel ????