supper club

nebuchadnezzar

Hello everyone,

Myself and my partner are moving to Shetland in late september. We are not big drinkers and don't fancy Lerwick pubs anyway. We are wondering if there is a supper club type thing on shetland - jsut a group of people who meet the odd time, make a bit of an effort to cook for one another and have a big of a laugh in the process.. If this exists could anyone point me in its direction and if it doesnt , would anyone be interested in becoming part of one?

Cheers

Ger

Not supper clubs as such, but many of the local halls (outside Lerwick) do supper nights which can be anything from fish suppers, curry to full blown 3 course meals. Often have music or a quiz thrown. Just depends on the enthusiasm of the particular hall committee or group that is organising it. Most hall/club committees are always looking for willing volunteers :)

Which area of Shetland are you moving to? Some folk might be able to point you to somewhere that will be local to you rather than just give general ideas.

Truth be told there is often a lot going on if you want there to be and it doesn't always have to be in Lerwick.