A load of pointless whinging

vailron

i have not seen a public thank you from sackchai yet, a post here would be nice, or an open letter to the shetland times thanking everyone for their support. especialy now tha the swans around like he owns the place

This is the "News" thread Vailron.

Bitter rants should probably be posted elsewhere.

but then, da "debate" thread etc has been locked, so whaar else wis he supposed tae post?

Look at the top left of the column of posts peeriesookie.

You'll see a very pretty button with the words "New Topic" emblazoned on it.

This button is intended for people who have valid grounds for discussion to use when they want to start said discussion.

If anyone has got a point to make, try using it, rather than burying snide comments in this thread.

Stop whinging.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but then, da "debate" thread etc has been locked, so whaar else wis he supposed tae post?

RE: the debate thread

That thread was locked for a cooling off period as the 'debate' had degenerated into a display of (what the moderators considered to be) ire and personal resentement, with little or no contructive points being made

The 'debate' thread has been unlocked, purely to keep this News thread clear of potential bile and bad feeling, which most users have no wish to be involved with (according to the substancial correspondance we have received regarding the 'debate' thread)

We will re-lock the 'debate' thread if users resume posting (what we consider to be) purposefully inflamatory comments, designed to provoke hostile responses

Go on, admit it.

You locked it because I said so :wink:

i do not want any thanks from someone as arrogant as sackchai. i fact this site is now the praise sackchai site and i for one have scertainly had enough. anyone that has had the bottle to air their true feelings on the matter has been highly criticised. sorry but i think it is now time to leave here, you really do know how how to keep your members

1st point - I'd be interested to know what makes you think of Sakchai as "arrogant". You repeated claim of him "swanning around like he owns the place" isn't the answer I am looking for, is he not allowed to walk around his home town with a smile on his face?

2nd point - The stance of the majority of posters on this site has been obvious, so surely you would have expected posting your "true feelings" to provoke some responses. Just because someone doesn't agree with your view doesn't mean everyone hates you. I don't see how this has become the moderators fault as you have suggested.

3rd point - don't let the door hit you on the way out :)

Please stop replying to Vailron.

This is a news thread, lets keep it on track or the Moderators will close it.

If you are upset by Vailron please go to his/her rather weird forum (see the "www" link at the bottom of their post) and use that forum if you want to discuss it further.

Vailron's forum - http://foryar.proboards49.com/

(edit) - Which, by the way, Vailron has just closed off to non-members in the last 10 minutes.

whats so weird about my site???? at least i allow everyone an honest opinion

Ooh .. welcome back! Couldn't stay away could you sweetypuff?

From your statement it makes it sound as if you are utterly and entirely mistaken that users of this site aren't able to have their opinion? This is just plain wrong and misguided!

Everyones opinions are welcomed here - and no-one has been censored barr when they step over the line and post libellous statements and or are posting swear words!

Believe me there have been several times we would have loved to delete peoples downright drivel that they've posted ... but this would be against our very point of being!

Cheers for now :?:

i have not seen a public thank you from sackchai yet, a post here would be nice, or an open letter to the shetland times thanking everyone for their support. especialy now tha the swans around like he owns the place

This is the "News" thread Vailron.

Bitter rants should probably be posted elsewhere.

Look at the top left of the column of posts peeriesookie.

You'll see a very pretty button with the words "New Topic" emblazoned on it.

This button is intended for people who have valid grounds for discussion to use when they want to start said discussion.

If anyone has got a point to make, try using it, rather than burying snide comments in this thread.

Stop whinging.

but at da same point, if he had opened a new thread it probably wid o bin locked just as quick wi da immortal wirds "nae good can come of this" :wink:

either way, Brian says dat da "debate" thread has been reopened so dat's where dat stuff belongs (if it doesn't spiral oot of control as has so often happened)

but at da same point, if he had opened a new thread it probably wid o bin locked just as quick wi da immortal wirds "nae good can come of this"

If it had descended into the kind of pointless bitching that the last one did, then yes, it probably would have been locked.

However if those concerned were grown up enough to have a calm, reasoned discussion then it would remain open.

You lot make this forum what it is. The moderators don't turn threads into slagging matches. We just clean up the mess after all you children.

However if those concerned were grown up enough to have a calm, reasoned discussion then it would remain open.

HA! Not bloody likely.

And when I first read this thread, I thought it was something to do with the latest Lerwick Community Council meeting. They seem to whinge alot.