Internet on the island

Barrel123

Hi, I recently moved to the island and I'm staying in Lerwick. I want to set up broadband as soon as possible. I've looked around this forum and seen that PlusNet seems to be a favourite. I think quality of service is going to make the decision for me and I know how unreliable connection speed estimates you get on a provider's website can be. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a company for broadband, cost isn't too much of an issue, which will give a fast and reliable connection.

After a LOT of problems with TalkTalk and several ulcers brought on by their laughable 'support' staff, I moved to PlusNet and, so far, have had nothing but a first rate service from English Speaking support staff in a British call centre...

Sorry for emphasising the importance of being able to talk with people who use English as their first (and native) language but, it really is frustrating when you have to deal with (otherwise intelligent) foreign based 'script monkeys'.

Choose carefully and, choose wisely.

My two pennorth...

first rate service from English Speaking support staff in a British call centre...

:thmbsup

Having spent far too many hours on helplines on behalf of friends & family who had made their choices based on "tempting" TV offers, I cannot recommend PlusNet enough. My only gripe is that they have succumbed to sending those intensely annoying "How was our service?" feedback requests that now seem to come with every feckin' internet purchase.