Military intervention in Syria  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK take military action against the Syrian regime

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

So where exactly are donations from Shetland going to  ?

Calais not where it is needed, helping to support thriving black market.

If I was going to send donations I would want to make sure it was going  into the hands of the right people guaranteed. Your going to help people who do not need it, making the situation worse.

Look what little respect they have of other countries .

I just hope the channel tunnel is heavily guarded at both ends.

I don't post much nowadays but just wanted to share these two videos.

http://conservativepost.com/and-so-it-beginsisis-flag-among-refugees-in-germany-fighting-the-police-pictures/

I appreciate some of the footage is not brand new but some of it is.

The first image is at youngest from 2014, and could be even older. It has absolutely nothing to do with refugees but to Islamic communities already living in Germany: http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4342/germany-salafism

So the claims of "ISIS flags among refugees" is just complete and utter nonsense, but Gosh, I wonder why "Conservative Post" would lie? 

As for the videos, they seem to be legitimate. I disagree with the longer videos premise, as many of the clips shown did receive worldwide coverage. I have certainly seen the clip of young boys 'stealing' the bag from the man who attempts to give a donation. Obviously it's not behaviour that should be encouraged or even particularly tolerated, but it's hardly a shock that people who have been through these sorts of conditions resort to that sort of thing. In that particular example, they're teenage boys who have essentially been locked in a train station for - in some cases - several weeks. I imagine that sort of thing is just a bit of devilment to amuse themselves, God knows there isn't much else for them to be doing. 

I don't post much nowadays but just wanted to share these two videos.http://conservativepost.com/and-so-it-beginsisis-flag-among-refugees-in-germany-fighting-the-police-pictures/I appreciate some of the footage is not brand new but some of it is.

Interesting website, I scrolled down to the comments section of that link to check what type of people they attract, sadly I wasn't surprised.

No, they should have manners referring to the sandwich incident. They were not desperate otherwise they would all be there trying to grab, downright greedy and rude.

Everybody should have manners, but anybody struggling to come up with a reason these people might not at the moment - other than 'they're bad people' - isn't all that empathetic. 

Edited by hjasga

Scrolling down and reading the comments of a few people doesn't detract from the reality of what's happening.

The MSM are a disgrace and the biased, one-sided image(mostly of children) being promoted is shameful and it's going to end in tears.

I suspect we would feel very much different if 800 people arrived off the North Boat one morning expecting us to house and feed them.

Sadly that's the reality of what these other countries like Hungary, Austria and Germany are facing, the only difference is it's thousands of people.

One wonders just what they expect arriving in a foreign country with no job, no accomodation and no-where to go.

If you watch this video(4.35) it shows how many of the immigrants have the latest mobile phones and use them to pass on the latest tips and information about the best routes to take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn62ovaAQKs

Edited by Kavi Ugl

Patience is running out for certain amount of these people.

They are trashing other countries with little no respect why should they have to put with this unacceptable behaviour despite even some trying to help.

Would we really what this on the streets of the UK, people have a right to be very worried right now,

I'm sure Shetland would be delighted to have couple thousand trash Shetland and start demanding the odds, but in reality would never happen here so it will be other areas of the UK that would have to put with any problems that arise.

The MSM are certainly not reporting the whole truth.

The videos/outlets I've linked to are showing what the MSM won't.

Images from 2014 are not old - it was only last year for goodness sake!.

They are not just old but completely unrelated, the people pictured are not refugees. 

The videos shown include various clips covered by the "MSM". As I've already pointed out, the video of the group of teens grabbing the bag off a man donating items was well circulated and on every major news channel I can think of. I had seen quite a few others too. Let's not pretend this side of the story isn't getting its fair share of air time. 

Patience is running out for certain amount of these people.

They are trashing other countries with little no respect why should they have to put with this unacceptable behaviour despite even some trying to help.

Would we really what this on the streets of the UK, people have a right to be very worried right now,

I'm sure Shetland would be delighted to have couple thousand trash Shetland and start demanding the odds, but in reality would never happen here so it will be other areas of the UK that would have to put with any problems that arise.

They're not trashing countries. Extremely concentrated areas have experienced riot like trouble. These things happen, you're talking about pressure points where literally thousands of people have reached a bottleneck in a desperate journey away from conditions we can barely imagine. It would be like these people arriving in Lerwick and the Victoria Pier getting a good bashing - not all of Shetland turning into a warzone. The vast, vast majority of these people are respectful, honest people who are in desperate need of support from the rest of the world. These attempts to dehumanise them, and paint them as ill-manned, hostile thugs, is really disgusting to me.