Recent Upgrade And Data Migration Issues

trout

Hi - good work you guys (moderators) are doing. I may be missing something but can i still view the news headlines (locally + nationwide) somewhere or do i have to open individual links to the different sites. The old format where it was all on the home page was really handy then you only opened something of interest. Thanks, Johno

[...] Think we will all have to move on to facebook [...]

You'll note Shetlink Classifieds are extended into the social sphere that is Facebook. Entering your classifieds here on Shetlink's Classifieds section will see them automagically posted on Shetlink Facebook - extending your classifieds coverage to an even wider audience.

There are various people noting that they are being logged out strangely.

Shetlink uses browser side cookies to keep users logged in as well as in assisting with the past markers etc. If you are experiencing logged in issues try clearing your browsers cache to clear down any cookies. (remembers way back the last time there was an upgrade!)

Do PM if there are any issues

^^ It would appear that the SEO measures for search engines are causing some users bother when choosing to add a classified. They are effectively being logged out.

We've removed this for the foreseeable - anyone having further bother do PM.

Have also added in a further category = Toys / Children's items