Boy Racers

lerwicklad

Anyone else fed up of seeing idiots that think the greatest thing in life is to drive along the seafront AKA the pier every single day with they're "modified cars"  The use of offensive stickers, spoilers borrowed from British Airways, clear tail-lights that give you a headache and practical rims that cost more than the car are all well implemented by these guys. As all boy racers are aware, such modifications make a car not only cool but endlessly faster. I think most boy racers obtain this valuable information from such reliable sources as their mates. 

The thing that really gets me is the unnecessary noise they make as they take on the Tesco roundabout at 30mph!

*sigh*

. As all boy racers are aware, such modifications make a car not only cool but endlessly faster.

Modifications to cars have to be reported to the insurer, so some may not be insured.

I am sure it is something you could mention on the Priorities For Policing In Shetland I am sure that is what it is there for.

Anyone else fed up of seeing idiots that think the greatest thing in life is to drive along the seafront AKA the pier every single day with they're "modified cars"  The use of offensive stickers, spoilers borrowed from British Airways, clear tail-lights that give you a headache and practical rims that cost more than the car are all well implemented by these guys. As all boy racers are aware, such modifications make a car not only cool but endlessly faster. I think most boy racers obtain this valuable information from such reliable sources as their mates. 

The thing that really gets me is the unnecessary noise they make as they take on the Tesco roundabout at 30mph!

*sigh*

Young people have "pimped" their cars for as long as I can remember, I recall getting all the latest gadgets for my first car many, many years ago. Mind you that would have been an electric aerial, plastic wheel trims, fog lights and chrome wing mirrors etc.

If they want to pimp their cars that's up to them, probably better they spend it on their car than in the pub.

Noo doing 30mph over the Tesco roundabout is a whole different story.

I feel I really must apologize to Lerwick Lad regarding 'pimp mobiles.'

The big yellow Porsche going around the island these days with the noisy exhaust must be excused. :twisted: Its Mine :oops:

It has a 5 litre V8 with a stainless steel exhaust and ,unfortunately for this beautiful peaceful island, the car was made this way !!!  Its an old 'supercar' from the 90's.  No pimping required.!!

It wont be here for long as it go's back to the Mainland during the week and peace and harmony will be restored.

So, once again, apologies to all who dislike big , noisy , fast cars.

To be honest I would rather have a big noisy Harley Davidson.!!  ( Joking here ,people) :razz:

And hey, lets slow down at Tescos. There's bairns aboot !

Big Mouth

Thanks for the laugh. "Collision with a Gonk" Classic!!

My first car, a mini, had a blue furry dash board which lifted and flew about the car if you opened the window and the drivers door fell 4 inches when you tried to get out.I could see the road whizzing past me at the fantastic speed of 55mph through the rusty holes in the floor. And the brakes were non existent.

I 'customised' it by adding spotlights, an air freshener and an AHOOOOOHA horn.(my spelling of that sound may be wrong) Frightened the life out people and dogs.

What a car!

Anyway the big Porsche goes home tomorrow. It has been fantastic driving about your beautiful island with it.

Everyone seemed to like it and gave it a lot of respect.

So THANK YOU Shetland.!!

And Goodbye.