who should judge who is and isnt able 2 veiw and use shetland pages

There are numerous "Shetland" pages on Facebook, run by almost as many different folk. If you've managed to get yourself deleted from them all, you must have annoyed an awful lot of people. Facetiousness aside, firstly, unless you specify which page(s) you're referring to, you're tarring all page owners (and no, I'm not one - I'm not that much of a masochist), and are not going to get any input of worth from here, as different owners operate to different page rules.

Secondly, all pages on Facebook are run by individual(s) for their own reasons, and with whatever rules they see fit to enforce. They are under no obligation to allow or delete anyone from their page(s), they can and do, do as they see fit, they are judge are jury, and are under no obligation to explain themselves. If they, for whatever reason, or for no reason whatsoever decide not to let any one individual join their page, or to remove any one individual on the same basis, that is their privilege as page owner(s). Any person who finds themselves experiencing such treatment, really has no option but to accept it and move on. Although a polite and respectful email exchange with any such page owner(s) behaving in such a way, to ensure both sides fully understand the other's stance, can sometimes work wonders if one or both sides are operating under a misapprehension of the circumstances.

Dear shetland Pete I think u will find u bullied me into this, who gives u the right 2 say who is and is not from this island and who cannot view items in the local community, no shame on me, freedom of speech

Can you divulge more abaout this, I have no idea who you are and have no interest in finding out, as with any one on here.

^^ lol @ JustMe .. yes, that has indeed been one of the many 'strange' things having happened within the hallowed walls of Shetlink in past times; ahm still waiting on my pedigree chihuahua!!! *whar's me peerie poopums at :( ??

I wonder though - and this is probably for another thread on how the 'Interweb' is changing organically as society accepts it more into everyday life - but, see that link!!? If you're not actually signed in and a member of Facebook all you get is a login page. That is a closed 'Net'. It is unavailable ... period.

• 2 months later...

Facebook pages can be set to public and many are, including mine - www.facebook.com/oilymuggie  Open to all to see! When I had a sale recently, I included various forms of contact so that anyone, including those who didn't have a Facebook account, could buy!

Edited by Fifi

Dear shetland Pete I think u will find u bullied me into this, who gives u the right 2 say who is and is not from this island and who cannot view items in the local community, no shame on me, freedom of speech

Can you divulge more abaout this, I have no idea who you are and have no interest in finding out, as with any one on here.

Still not had an answer.