Alistair Carmichael new secretary of state for Scotland

Now that our MP is the top representative for Scotland in the cabinet that he might manage to persuade the Government to find the £40 million to clear SIC housing debt or at least the £10 million for the compromise suggestion?

Edited by Who Knows

The Man is nothing but a Middle Class Moron!

Wishing he had toffee in his mouth!

Student Fees,  The Bedroom Tax, Fracking, Badger Culling and the quick sale by night of the Post Office by his mates South!

Telling us,  It won't make a difference to mail deliveries in Shetland!
What planet are you on Carmichael?

It's hard enough getting companies to send items to us in Shetland already..!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KKEMT55TL.jpg

Bodger and Badger currently costs £8.48 on Amazon free delivery!!  How much when our mail is privatised by Carmichael and his Tory mates??

The Man is nothing but a Middle Class Moron!

Wishing he had toffee in his mouth!

Student Fees,  The Bedroom Tax, Fracking, Badger Culling and the quick sale by night of the Post Office by his mates South!

Telling us,  It won't make a difference to mail deliveries in Shetland!

What planet are you on Carmichael?

It's hard enough getting companies to send items to us in Shetland already..!

Bodger and Badger currently costs £8.48 on Amazon free delivery!!  How much when our mail is privatised by Carmichael and his Tory mates??

Carmichael recently stated in the Shetland Times that we had nothing to worry about with Post Office privatisation because the universal tariff was guaranteed 'til 2020 or somesuch. I prefer the current situation, where it is guaranteed forever, myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Carmichael told me about 4 years ago that we had nothing to worry about because it would never be privatised.

I was pointing out that it could affect all manner of business in the islands never mind private individuals and ultimately affect the economy of the region if delivery services were allowed to cherry-pick.

I think he just opens his mouth and lets words come out.

Post Offices throughout Yorkshire have closed, despite the PM in PMQs last Wednesday saying he has made sure none will shut. I have not researched anywhere else.

AT is correct, the current system is already in place, it works. I cannot see DHL providing a bus service as well as a postal service as the Post Office has done.

The Conservative party only represent one constituency in Scotland, the Lib Dems, 11, the majority are Labour  and  the SNP come 3rd. Also, Nick Clegg is sounding more and more like a Tory, after all, they are on the back foot as a party.

If I had a God, I would pray for Scotland...

• 3 weeks later...

I see Alistair Carmichael turned up for the vote - and voted against the motion to scrap the bedroom tax! I suppose he has to watch what he does now he's managed to creep his way into the exalted position of Scottish Secretary, and not do anything too left-wing or annoy his snooty pals, the Tories.

I'd like to see him ousted at the next General Election for all his conniving with the enemy but I think we know that whatever he says or does he'll get re-elected so long as he's running for the LibDems, since Orkney & Shetland is a notoriously "safe seat" :(