Shetlink domain DNS - ISP issues

trout

Thought about but, better to have no domain and not allow search engines to index than to confuse with another domain name. Once the original domain comes back online - it's back to what it was - and then a case of having to nurture the search engines again.

• I don't usually write comments, but thank you to Trout for keeping us informed regarding the situation and more importantly for getting things sorted out.

Fortunately it's not your livelihood, but the hassle it's put you through must have been very stressful.

Thankfully you weren't all dependent upon me to sort it out. Technology started to baffle me when they incorporated a music player into my mobile phone.

We've returned, for the meantime, to the IP address as some ISP's are still to update their DNS records. Ideally by sometime tomorrow we can go back to the domain name.

Those users who can access shetlink.com will be forwarded to the IP address.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Good stuff. Thanks everyone for keeping us updated on various ISP! We'll probably leave the setup as it is for a good part of today before moving back to the domain to ensure everybody can access and all ISP's catch up with their records.