Sony Vaio Laptop Trouble

tubstardelux

I have a 3 year old sony vaio laptop. It was powered down working on Thursday, and when switched on on Friday it sounds like it is coming on but the screen remains blank.

You can hear the hard drive spinning and fan going from time to time, lights flicker. But not the usual beeps windows makes when booting. I hvae tried an extenal monitor and it is blank also, no input detected. I fear it is a deeper problem.

So, has anybody had similar problem? Did you get it sorted? 

And is there any readers who would be able to have a look at it?

Let me know dear shetlinkers.

I have a 3 year old sony vaio laptop. It was powered down working on Thursday, and when switched on on Friday it sounds like it is coming on but the screen remains blank.

You can hear the hard drive spinning and fan going from time to time, lights flicker. But not the usual beeps windows makes when booting. I hvae tried an extenal monitor and it is blank also, no input detected. I fear it is a deeper problem.

So, has anybody had similar problem? Did you get it sorted?

And is there any readers who would be able to have a look at it?

Let me know dear shetlinkers.

If you have access to another computer it might be worth going onto one of the sony Vaio forums, and typing in the problem to read through any similar issues or to see if anyone can advise on a fix.

I found it useful when I had a Vaio issue last year.

Edited by owre-weel

Very Stupid question here is some laptops have a function key to switch the monitor off its normally default on but had one given to me recently and after scratching my head for two days decided to try it and screen came to life mine is FN and F5 but there pretty much model denpendent

Just checked try FN and F6 to increase  the brightness

and FN and F12 to switch from internal to external monitor

Another thing you can do is to take the battery out and press and hold the power button leave it for a few minutes then reassemble and reboot

One last thing if all elses fails try booting it with ac power and no battery

Edited by brian.smith