Unseen Economy; A Retrospective Look At Shetlink Classifieds

admin

If somebody asks a question on an advert, is a notification by email all the advertiser is supposed to get letting them know its there, or are they supposed to get one in their PM Inbox as well?

If notification by email is all that's supposed to be, any chance the system could be tweaked so that one gets sent to the advertiser's PM Inbox as well? As for my part at least, I'm far more likely to be aware of what's happening on site, than in my email account. If one is supposed to come to the PM Inbox already, there seems to be a glitch with that at the mo, as someone asked a question on an Ad of mine yesterday, and there's nothing in my PM's about it I can find.

Hi,

The notification should be to your PM inbox and an email is also fired your way as a prompt if that is setup in your notification options http://www.shetlink.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications - it is by default unless changed. For instance, either by a user, or if the email bounces etc. or someone marks it as spam then Shetlink will not send any further emails.

If it's an ask question feature - where you have the choice to display it to the open public then only an email is sent by way of notification.

Interesting that you're kinda the other way around i.e. no PM .. *rubs chin* - was it a public question thingy?

^ Yup, it was a public question thingy. Which explains why just an email notification.

Any chance a tweak is possible to make it so when a  public question is asked that a notification is sent to both email and PM, it would be helpful to folks like me who only check emails occasionally, but are on site more often.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's an ask question feature - where you have the choice to display it to the open public then only an email is sent by way of notification.

Total pain in the ass, missed questions because i assumed id get a notification in Shetlink at the top - the email account for here is never read.

Hi ZEPD here I would just like to point out that Shetlink either owes me £19.98 for two payments that were taken from my account (that i have receipts for) due to an error with their system I did expect my ad to be renewed automatically when it expired last night but as it hasnt been I would appreciate it if the ad can be renewed or some response regarding what is going to be done to correct this error that Shetlink has made Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi, can anybody help me?!.

I'm trying to place an advert in the classifieds but I'd like to have the "Price" as 0.00 because it's POA.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it keeps coming up as "Offers" or "Free"!.

Thanks.

Edited by Kavi Ugl

• 4 weeks later...

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. 

I've attempted sending the message on two separate laptops and my phone since yesterday evening. Replying to the original PM thread or attempting to start a new one using the full editor or quick response all have the same outcome.