Unseen Economy; A Retrospective Look At Shetlink Classifieds

admin

• 5 months later...

While we're attending to nerdy things. Am I the only one having issues with the 'Notifications' button?

Works fine with XP and Firefox, put cursor on it, click, gives you the abbreviated list and cancels the overlaid red icon with the white numeric telling you how many you have. Same as it always has.....

Win10 and Firefox shows the icon fine, show the 'hand' icon when you put your cursor on it indicating its supposed to be clickable, but when you click on it nothing happens, its dead. The only way in is right click to get to the main notifications page, and even if you've been there and seen everything up to date, it doesn't cancel the red overlaid icon with the white numeric, it just keeps on racking up a higher running total whenever a new one comes in.

"Works fine with XP and Firefox, put cursor on it, click, gives you the abbreviated list and cancels the overlaid red icon with the white numeric telling you how many you have. Same as it always has....."

Not for me..  

Tried it on a few different computers;

Laptop/Win 7 with IE, Chrome, and Firefox. Laptop XP with Firefox and IE, Desktop with XP, IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Desktop with Win 7 XP, Firefox, IE, and Chrome.  Doesn't seem to work anymore.

Think that the PC/OS bit might be misleading and, would guess that the problem is probably a 'typo' on the web server server side of things.

You might need to press - together to ensure you pull down latest rather as local cache to get any fixes.

Apologies. Something went overboard in the night with scripts that are pulled from Google jsapi which we're now pulling locally instead.

@wheelsup. that screen you're taken to is an overarching pm area.

• New
  • My conversations
  • Drafts

You land on "New" which shows various unread 'new' messages - rather as the usual inbox "My conversations" area where things might be lost over pages etc.

[...] it doesn't cancel the red overlaid icon with the white numeric, it just keeps on racking up a higher running total whenever a new one comes in.

^^ Yes, indeed. If you end up at the "New" page .. then when clicking on the new item it will remove the red notification.

This is like a brand new feature   :ponders:  or at least just until we get a proper fix put in place.