The weather

daveh

I have always found the weather in Shetland to be quite exciting, have witnessed some interesting fronts, though I guess living it may be different. It is the only place I have witnessed water running up hill, that was on Burgh Road several years ago. Mini twisters, walking through the end of a rainbow, getting sunburnt on St. Ninian. Would be with the neighbours and would chase the sun, normally ending up on the west side, Tresta and the tombola. The weather was always better when you are young.

The weather up here right now is totally crap with plenty more of the same to come this week.

There - I've said it !

No, I would not say that.  Bit breezy but at least it is not snowing at the same time.  Anyway if you think this is bad you should have been here back in whenever.  Always someone to say it has been worse in the past.

The weather today, totally invigorating, good for clearing out the cob-webs and no rain, ideal banks ert, whit mair can a body ask for !

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7350/11389714625_3171077020_c.jpg

It was expected, after the unseasonally warm/misty day early in the week - as the saying goes, "it'll either blow it or snow it away...." I'll live with the blow rather than the snow.

I take it the Head has had a H&S visit, and been assessed so dangerous it needs two lighthouses now. ;-) :razz:

Edited by Ghostrider

Didn't we have a tornado a few years back?  Can remember we were at Collafirth Pier with the boat when the wind got up out of no where and bins on the pier started heading off up the pier and all sorts.  It was (as someone else has said) rather exciting.

yesterday wasn't that bad, the power stayed on in Northmavine, although it was touch and go for a while.

• 5 weeks later...