What are you currently reading?

"Schinders List" by Thomas Keneally. Is a great book about how Grman Nazi Oskar Schindler saved the lives of 1000 polish Jews during the Holocaust. It's an award winning book and film and now reading it i know why. I intend to read more War books through out the year.

Stoichkov, good to see you in this forum. Are you getting bored of the Southern League Hall of fame, EistnWast or both?

Stoichkov, good to see you in this forum. Are you getting bored of the Southern League Hall of fame, EistnWast or both?

I really cannot compete with the stuff on that forum. I don't have as much time on my hands as i did a few weeks previously. I thought about a Southern League Hall of Shame list but couldn't be bothered. Anyhoo.....

On with da book club!!

:mrgreen:

I've been reading the didius falco novels by lindsay anderson - they are detective stories set in the Roman world. Not only are the stories interesting - there are some quite modern day anecdotes and and amusing observations.

There have been a couple of good adaptations put on to the radio(radio4)

of the stories - sadly not nearly enough!

I have bought and read a few of these books now - and some are available at the library. you may be pleasantly surprised!

Hangover Square by Patrick Hamilton. Set in the 1930s in London, its centres round a lonely tragic, good-hearted guy, his alcoholism and hopeless obsession with a woman, whom, in his 'dead moods' - blackout or schizophrenic periods - he decides he must kill. Dark, depressing, but brilliantly written and full of insight into dark, seedy, tragic parts of life.