What are you currently reading?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm reading "Memoirs of a Master Forger" by William Heaney (actually Graham Joyce) for the second time this year. Unusual for me, as there are so many great books waiting to be read and never enough time: favourite books usually get re-read after a period of a few years rather than months.

This is an amazing book: terrific characters; great plot - tragic but also funny; tremendously well-written. I'm running out of superlatives, but can't do it justice.

I read a lot, and quite widely; I've always had difficulty choosing a favourite author from a group of several excellent writers (including Graham Joyce), but the man has elevated himself to that position with this novel.

(Published in the US as "How to Make Friends with Demons by Graham Joyce).

I'm currently on 'What I Loved' by Siri Hustvedt - it's a bit slow-paced I have to say, I'm having issues getting into it.

I read a few other things before that, the best of which have to be 'The Beach' by Alex Garland and 'Persepolis' by Marjane Satrapi, the latter of which I would advise you all to get.

Guest Anonymous

Killing for Culture - An Illustrated history of death film from Mondo to Snuff - David Kerekes and David Slater.

Been rereading this cracking book the past few days, its due an update quite soon. Pretty much the definative text on the subject.

• 1 month later...