What are you currently reading?

I can see where you're coming from, but it does get better.

As far as starting from where you left off goes, I see no problem with that. Although I do have a shelf full of some 'difficult' books all with bookmarks at various stages and no memory of reading them... My idea of saving for a rainy day.

Guest Anonymous

Currently reading "House Atreides" . Prelude to Dune

I read the original Frank Herbert books: Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune, and Chapter House Dune.

House Atreides is written by Farnk's son, Brian Herbert, and Kevin J Anderson.

It's well written, for a prelude. So if you liked Dune, it's well worth looking out for.

The Grave Tattoo by Val McDermid :)

Oh I really enjoyed that one. One of the gems the Eid Charity Shop has thrown my way. I only read it because I am incredibly fond of Tony Hill the tv character (in a film star crush sort of way) and the whole Wire in the Blood series. Fab. Now to get my hands on the Tony Hill book series!

Half way through Unseen Academicals (Terry Prachett), not sure which book/film/story he's plagiarised which I suppose makes it harder for me to catch on.

It follow Discworld usual style, with it's moral undertones, small main cast, with usual supporting AnkhMorkpork characters popping up where you'd expect them.

But I really don't get this football thing.

Darwin: The Origin of Species has just arrived today from Amazon (I wanted the £30,000 first edition from eBay but the budget wouldn't allow it).

The Time Traveler's Wife was fab... loved it, loved it loved it. It was the first time in ages I've read a book and then, midway through it, heaved a sigh of relief that there was so much more left. I cried. :oops: First time that's happened since Captain Corelli's Mandolin many years ago when I sobbed into a dish towel for the last 200 pages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just finished Steig Larrson's 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and couldn't put it down. The wee one was poorly so I had two days of constant nursing (since he was refusing solids) and thus the opportunity to read plenty. An excellent book, really well written and very addictive. I'm on to the second one now - 'The Girl Who Played with Fire' and it's just a case of getting from one reading opportunity to another as quickly as possible! Apparently the third (final) book in the series is even better.