Biodoodling

Colin

Low creativity follows?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pixies/2009/6/4/1244141126910/Jellyfish-crop-circle-001.jpg

http://www.gladstoneprimaryschool.co.uk/siteimages/ee5.jpg

http://indulgy.net/O8/aA/SB/204773114276487693idUpVtqWc.jpg

The posts are paid from another grant and not directly from council tax was the comment about concerns on costs.

The S.I.C. have statutory duties on Public Health, so do have an influence on your way of life. With out them, there would be alot more suffering.

Folk can start here to learn why creativity is important.

http://www.rcn.org.uk/development/practice/dementia/supporting_people_with_dementia/therapeutic_activities

Without the arts, you would not have the fine musicians and artists that come from Shetland, it is all art, be it sound, or visual.

Edited by shetlandpeat

Some folk just don't get it so, one more time;

Regardless of where the funding(?) originates, the WAGES are paid by the SIC and, imho, the people involved could be better employed doing something useful..  After all, isn't that what they are paid for?

Giving a walk in the countryside a fancy name just doesn't seem to me to be of any use at all

Low creativity follows?

Without the arts, you would not have the fine musicians and artists that come from Shetland, it is all art, be it sound, or visual.

Huge snip but, the first photo looks like it might have made a mess of someone's crop (vandalism ?), the second photo looks like it might have been inspired by a teacher(doing their job) and, despite the balancing act, the third photo looks like it might disappear when the tide comes in (triumph of hope over experience)

Bottom line is that it does not take much imagination to trawl the 'net looking to similar examples.  Maybe got to much time on your hands?

The S.I.C. have statutory duties on Public Health, so do have an influence on your way of life. With out them, there would be alot more suffering.

Tell that to the pensioners who lost their lunch club location.  Tell that to the many who have suffered through their botched decisions through their incompetence in Housing.  With them interfering in public health, there IS a lot of suffering.  How many psychiatrists do the SIC employ?  How many experts in health matters do they employ?  They can't even follow their own procedures and, if in doubt, certain departments have a habit of making it up as they go along.  I don't have a problem with, for example, Environmental Health inspecting food premises ... but I'd be interested to hear, for example, how many people have reported noisy neighbours only to be told "Someone from Environmental Health will be in touch" and they never are.  Some I have come across don't have the foggiest idea on matters concerning disability discrimination and, if anything, have such discrimination down to a fine art because all that matters is that they tick a box.  Ask them to undertake their legal obligation for a reasonable adjustment because of a disability and they don't have a clue how to do it.  So instead of indirectly funding schemes such as this one, the money would be better off being spent on educating staff within the SIC so that they do understand how their actions (or lack of) affect the lives of many.

And just what did musicians do before the invention of Shetland Arts?  Were there no gigs?  Just look how many organisations there are in Shetland that do their own thing, regardless of the SA.

Well, it is a holiday for some. Yet, teachers are leading folk into being creative. without creativity, many things may not exist. Many farmers encourage some of these creations on their land as a way of raising profiles and money, it is a creative way of doing that, also, is does not always mean the distruction of the crop. As for temporary sructure, who cares, the result will be far longer lasting. It will need they use of eye-hand coordination and judgement, trial and error and physical activity.

The bottom line is, with out the creativity of the mind, the opening of new ways of thinking, this life could be as dull as you would like it to be. Trawling the net is another way of expresing creativity, espacially as I was able to take some examples of the previous posts and produce a post on here. Then, from this, I decided to look at how I can enhance other parts of my life when it comes to playing music, writing and my photography. It is all an experience to learn from.

I am however enjoying myself.

Much of what you ask, you can find out yourself. Us. The way the cuts have been dealt are unfair, but, you have to remember, as you have pointed out in other posts you have made, the council can "farm" it all out to the private sector. Much of what the council does is not mandatory but is done to enhance the environment that folk live it. While there is this transition, there will be issues, though pointing out the obvious helps no one, which is precisely what you are doing. Unless of course you have a plan?

Edited by shetlandpeat

It is good of the Camera Centre to sponsor this event, I look forward to seeing some of the entries.

Perring hopes that Back from Beyond might unearth “some incredibly creative people who’ve never had the opportunity†to express themselves artistically.

Elements of the project are to be featured at the Glasgow Film Festival on 22 February.

Last month’s concert showed off the fruits of bringing musicians, groups and poets from various backgrounds and ages to eight of the isles’ most scenic locations. From that spawned new pieces of music, songs and poetry, which were then recorded, mixed and mastered at Mareel – with photographs and video used to complement each piece.

Link

It does seem that the project on a whole, is far bigger than the negtivity some aspects of it has atracted.

Edited by shetlandpeat

Well, it is a holiday for some. Yet, teachers are leading folk into being creative. without creativity, many things may not exist. Many farmers encourage some of these creations on their land as a way of raising profiles and money, it is a creative way of doing that, also, is does not always mean the distruction of the crop. As for temporary sructure, who cares, the result will be far longer lasting. It will need they use of eye-hand coordination and judgement, trial and error and physical activity.

The bottom line is, with out the creativity of the mind, the opening of new ways of thinking, this life could be as dull as you would like it to be. Trawling the net is another way of expresing creativity, espacially as I was able to take some examples of the previous posts and produce a post on here. Then, from this, I decided to look at how I can enhance other parts of my life when it comes to playing music, writing and my photography. It is all an experience to learn from.

I am however enjoying myself.

Much of what you ask, you can find out yourself. Us. The way the cuts have been dealt are unfair, but, you have to remember, as you have pointed out in other posts you have made, the council can "farm" it all out to the private sector. Much of what the council does is not mandatory but is done to enhance the environment that folk live it. While there is this transition, there will be issues, though pointing out the obvious helps no one, which is precisely what you are doing. Unless of course you have a plan?

"Yet, teachers are leading folk into being creative"

Isn't that what teachers are paid to do?  Why would SIC general(?) staff try to take on the same mantle without(?) proper training?

"farmers encourage some of these creations on their land"

Oh?.  Well there are farmers (crofters) in my immediate family who would not welcome someone messing with their neeps and winter feed.

"does not always mean the distruction of the crop"

Are you suggesting that; if the crops only get destroyed 'sometimes' then, it is somehow OK ?

"Trawling the net is another way of expresing creativity"

Are you trying to tell me that plagiarism is, somehow, creative thinking?

"Much of what the council does is not mandatory"

But the cuts are.....

"pointing out the obvious helps no one"

You think so?  I would contest that some of the highly paid talent(?) within the SIC should have been able to figure out the obvious for themselves and would not have needed anyone to point out issues such as this.

Do I have a plan?  You bet..  When the revolution comes, a whole lot of people are going to be first up against the wall... :twisted:

^ The biodoodling site has a notably large "Promote Shetland" logo emblazoned on it, in the absense of further details being supplied by either party, the assumption is going to be made that the presence of the logo denotes them as some sort of "sponsor".

"Promote Shetland" has just pocketed an unknown portion of, perhaps all of the princely sum of £394,000 from SIC coffers.

Make of it what you will, but the visible trail shows SIC money going in to Promote Shetland, and Promote Shetland money presumably going in to the biodoodling people. Call it "wages", call it "expenses", call it whatever you like, but as things stand you cannot get away from the fact that the biodoodling is spending SIC money on something.

Edited by Ghostrider

The main funder is Scottish Natural Heritage and the website states that Promote Shetland provide 'in-kind' (i.e. non-cash) support. I'd say that the wider Back From Beyond project certainly does 'promote Shetland' and any resources that might have been allocated to the Bioddodling element of the project certainly isn't proportional to the resentment this thread seems to have generated in some people.