Airports

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Airport security i think is just a tad over the top.

And how long will this go on for....Ever ?

A bairns toy gun which was obviously made of plastic wasn't permitted before in hand luggage.

What next.

This is the chaos they are wanting. It's costing millions.

A bairns toy gun which was obviously made of plastic wasn't permitted before in hand luggage.

Anything remotely resembling a gun, toy or not, is not allowed. The new restrictions are, as you have said, totally over the top. It is now at a stage where if they impose anymore restrictions then folk simply won't be able to fly anywhere.

The naked flight thing looks like a good plan but judging by the calibre of most people flying in and out of Shetland it may actually cause the pilots to be permenantly blinded and suicidal...

I don't really see a problem with packing all your stuff in a case to go in the hold.

What items do you really need to take on board as hand luggage that you can't do without for a couple of hours or so ?

You will find that most people would rather carry their valuables with them. Laptops and the like can easily be damaged being thrown in the hold of an aircraft. Apart from that I have to agree. The only other problem is that this is a UK wide ban on hand baggage. Do you fancy going on a 13 hour flight with no hand baggage at all? Not even a newspaper?

Back to the point of local flights though. Do you really need a sandwich? I never did understand that. You are barely in the air before you are landing again. Why increase the cost of travel with dodgy food?

I don't really see a problem with packing all your stuff in a case to go in the hold.

With children hand luggage is a must. 'Sit still and behave your self' just doesn't work.

Anything over an hour would be a nightmare without gameboys, toys, books, sweets etc.

Airlines will have to come up with something to keep the little darlings amused

For now, I can't even take my iPod on board 8O

I'd go freakin' NUTS!

What did you do before you had an iPod ?

Go freakin' NUTS!

Oh and anyone who thinks that this terror threat was 100% genuine..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14320452/

In contrast to previous reports, the official suggested an attack was not imminent, saying the suspects had not yet purchased any airline tickets. In fact, some did not even have passports.

:!:

It may be said though that the above article is misleading, as it could be speculated that it is not a requirement of bomb construction or purchase of arms to hold a passport, and hence those arrested without passports could well have still been accomplices to any plot.

NB, i am highly sceptical about the whole situation, but i just don't see Lisa Myers exposé as being proof of a lack of potential threat, the same article could be re-written as "Imminent dry-run foiled and terror threat removed as extended bomb threat network nabbed in vigilant pre-emptive arrests". If you catch my drift. I just think she's angling for a different perspective on the information available as any decent reporter does. :wink:

Glad to see they are allowing some items back on board flights, i would "go nuts" on a flight without a decent magazine or book to read and would be really apprehensive about putting fragile electronics or camera equipment in hold baggage, plus a friend had his mobile phone stolen from hold baggage at aberdeen airport (true), and besides, the whole security set-up was made a mockery of today when someones mobile started ringing aboard a flight departing from London. :roll: