Globe Butchers to close

paulb

It's a pity, meat and bread are the two things I insist on buying locally, the tasteless stodge supermarkets stock masquerading as such is an offence to the term.

Never been much impressed with the quality of Scalloway's meat, its the cheapest, but beyond that it's nothing that appeals to me. Guess I'm going to have to rely on Mainland's on the street and Whiteness.

I think that the Globe has shown a limelight to the community of Shetland. Their meat produce has the highest of all qualities you want for denner wi tatties and veg and whatever you want..

In your opinion.  Personally, I prefer JK Mainlands.  Perhaps you might want to ask yourself if the Globe Butchers shop was doing so well, then why it isn't being sold as a going concern?

Edited by unlinkedstudent

I think that the Globe has shown a limelight to the community of Shetland. Their meat produce has the highest of all qualities you want for denner wi tatties and veg and whatever you want..

In your opinion.  Personally, I prefer JK Mainlands.  Perhaps you might want to ask yourself if the Globe Butchers shop was doing so well, then why it isn't being sold as a going concern?

Well, I only go to Globe for Xmas whatevers. I usually prefer Tesco because of the pricings and it has more flavours (as in when it isn't Xmas).

• 2 weeks later...

It is strange that it wasn't sold as a going concern, or even offered to the staff to take over, they were all geniunely shocked at losing their jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I only go to Globe for Xmas whatevers. I usually prefer Tesco because of the pricings and it has more flavours (as in when it isn't Xmas).

Tesco? Flavour? Where's the link?

The link is the lack of the latter, with meat from the former.

Personally I think Tesco's meat is the greatest thing that has ever arrived in Shetland, you can buy the cheapest meat they've got, and tell yourself its the most expensive cut going, as both taste exactly the same. The slight flaw is, the ability to chew and swallow a mouthful of matter that is unidentifiable by either sight, taste or smell is a talent I'm still struggling to develop to viable levels.

The link is the lack of the latter, with meat from the former.

Personally I think Tesco's meat is the greatest thing that has ever arrived in Shetland, you can buy the cheapest meat they've got, and tell yourself its the most expensive cut going, as both taste exactly the same. The slight flaw is, the ability to chew and swallow a mouthful of matter that is unidentifiable by either sight, taste or smell is a talent I'm still struggling to develop to viable levels.

Quite right. Pity that Globe's have gone but lucky that Mainlands are still with us. They sell good meat. Not the pure and utter rubbish that Tesco and the Co-op both pawn out to us poor, unsuspecting punters.