UKIP

Colin

Doomed I tell you, we're doomed....

Good, good. Nothing quite like a good old crisis situation to get folk motivated. :twisted:

That said. Alec may be willing to consider entering in to a coalition with anyone unless the Tories, but are the others at Westminster any more likely to be willing to enter in to a coalition with him, than he's willing to consider one with the Tories.

• 1 month later...
Cameron is the perfect example of a politician whose success relies on deception. He enjoys genuine support from a tiny clique of Old Etonians and the ultra-rich, who then use their influence in the media to hoodwink an ill-informed segment of the electorate.

Naturally, they also use their influence to distort the terms of debate.

UKIP isn't about immigration; it's about independence and British democracy. All major British political parties are right-wing nowadays, but UKIP is possibly the least right-wing of them all. Listen to Nigel Farage explain UKIP policy on the NHS and PFI. I've yet to hear such clarity and common sense about PFI from Labour's front bench

• 2 weeks later...

UKIP isn't about immigration; it's about independence and British democracy. All major British political parties are right-wing nowadays, but UKIP is possibly the least right-wing of them all. Listen to Nigel Farage explain UKIP policy on the NHS and PFI. 

of all the brainfarts i've read on this forum this has to be a contender for number one brain-follow-through.

Edited by Distortio

So what is it that you enjoy so much about being run by unelected European bureaucrat's. 

What party offers this country swiss style democracy?

Whatever way I am happy to see as much support as possible drain away from the liblabcon

You have become entirely biased and blinkered by your particular point of view, I probably have too .........

On a more serious note;

Do we really have a 'democracy'?  Seems to me that being able to cast a vote 1 day in every five years is not very democratic at all and, if voting actually changed(?) anything then, would it still be allowed.?

The rest of the time the 'rulers'(?) that we elect do pretty much as they please as they claim to have a 'mandate'.

I am not sure what the answer is but, unless people get more involved with 'politics' (as in the Scottish Referendum)

then I cannot see anything changing.  Having said that, do we really want to waste our lives 'playing their game'.

Equally seriously;

By public vote, Switzerland has just 'untied' it's Franc from the Euro (and seen it soar in value).  Great news if you are Swiss or have money in Swiss Francs but, there could be some pretty bad knock on's for the rest of us.

Possible solution.

1. A complete ban on 'political parties'

2. Elections(?) by public lottery (get rid of the 'political classes')

3. The UK is covered in Lottery Machines and, no surprise, these machines manage to record millions of bets (Votes) every week.

It follows from this that the mechanism for a more inclusive democracy already exists as 1 day per week could easily become 'voting day'.

Any other opinions?

I would advise anybody in Scotland thinking of voting UKIP to watch Thursdays BBC Question Time (22nd January 2015) and watch UKIP spokesman Paul Nuttal's bitter venomous rant accusing Scots of taking English taxes.

UKIP has a history of this, Ex Leader of UKIP in Scotland Lord Monckton is quoted as follows,

“The truth is that the English pay the Celtic piper, but the piper calls the tune. Then, having called the tune, he whinges. The subsidy junkies who live off English handouts complain ever more loudly as the subsidies become ever more costly"

If voting became compulsory and somehow there was only UKIP to vote for I would abstain and pay the fine.  That is UKIP as it is at the moment since over time parties can change.  Trouble with UKIP is that a lot of people in all parts of the UK agree to a greater or lesser extent with UKIP's views about the EU.

If voting became compulsory and somehow there was only UKIP to vote for I would abstain and pay the fine.  That is UKIP as it is at the moment since over time parties can change.  Trouble with UKIP is that a lot of people in all parts of the UK agree to a greater or lesser extent with UKIP's views about the EU.

If there was only UKIP then I would 'spoil' the ballot paper.  No point in paying them a fine....

• 3 weeks later...

Farage Speaking in the EU parliament about the EU's contempt for democracy said;

, " Mr Juncker said there can be no democratic choice against the European treaties, so there it is folks. It doesn't matter how you vote, which government you elect, these treaties are designed to be there forever and agreements by previous governments bind parliaments that come for years and years afterwards. And what it means is that the European project is in fact the very antithesis of the democratic principle"

Is junker right ? is democracy dead ?