Moonie's Wake doorman seriously assaulted

sludgegulper

JuSt to put some of you in the picture. Michael was throwing three people out of Mooney's when they turned on him. He was knocked to the ground and was unconcious. they then repeatedly kicked him in the head and face.

I then seen two local people tyring to pull the police off the people doing the kicking. Had it not been for some more police and bouncer's arriving then I think they would have killed Michael.

Whilst all this was going on three local people (2 have been in jail for street assaults) were running away to stop them being hurt.

So all in all I think 5 local people have played a big part in what happend.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the serious nature of this, i would hope for once that those who witnessed the whole thing would come forward to stand in evidence against the attackers and whoever the abhorrent low-lifes were that allowed it to continue by holding back the police.

This is a new low.

If anybody had any info on this and felt it would be "uncool" to cooperate with the police, i don't know how they would sleep at night.

Hope Michael is okay.

Heard that he was concious today but well out of it. Supposed to be going for scans today.

Njugle---- I whole heartedly agree with you. If anyone does have any info on the low lifes & you are afraid to go to the police just send them an anonymous letter or phone call. They need to be caught.

Guest Anonymous

this is very sadly just the latest in a long line of assaults of this nature carried out around lerwick around the week end. several of the previous incidents have been carried out by the same small group of young males in there late teens and early twenties, i am sure some of you out there will have a rough idea who i mean. I find it very hard to understand the level of ignorance with which these guys approach life.

Personally when i and all my dear friends I have here in shetland go out, and its not so often these days, it is all about having a good laugh , a dance , fun happiness!! spik sharn, i just dinna get this aggro these twats seem ta thrive on.

da justice system doesna seem ta deter them at all , either does the fact they are regarded as scum by the community.

they are a dysfunctional element that ruins the place for everybody.

whats the answer..???

im sure if you went back through time you would find such elements were just done away with

removed from the community permanantley one way or another

any better ideas??

I see the people up for attempted murder are sooth moothers (looks like a mother and her 2 sons), at least these people were not Shetlanders and just scum her visiting! But i agree that there are certain elements her in Shetland that seem to assualt inocent people the whole time and get away with it. Due to light sentences and the fear of people standing up to them. Hope Michael makes a full recovery. I would rather the police spent most of their effort cracking down on this type of activity than other.

Droilker wrote

several of the previous incidents have been carried out by the same small group of young males in there late teens and early twenties

Sounds like it is time for an ASBO to keep these guys out of the town centre, out of bars and tucked up at home in the evenings and not allowed to buy alcohol anywhere in Shetland.

[quote

Sounds like it is time for an ASBO to keep these guys out of the town centre, out of bars and tucked up at home in the evenings and not allowed to buy alcohol anywhere in Shetland.

An ASBO for a series of assualts? I used to get grounded like this for flinging stones, these guys should be in jail. If people know who they are they should definitely be in jail :!:

junior wrote

An ASBO for a series of assualts? I used to get grounded like this for flinging stones, these guys should be in jail. If people know who they are they should definitely be in jail

The beauty of an ASBO is that it can keep people away from the town centre or any other places mentioned in the ASBO and if the police see X,Y, and Z in the town in breach of an ASBO they can arrest them rather than having to think "these guys are trouble....we will have to follow them about until they commit an arrestable offence.

Last I heard is that he was being flown south at tea time to get scans. Stable but still unconcious.

I seen some of what happend and the police couldn't get to him because a few locals were stopping the police. (some were arrested)

Can I ask for 'da ness tattie man' to get in touch with me. I'm DC Jim McConnachie, Lerwick Police station. 01595 692110

It seems a wee bit unusual doing it via a web forum but if ANYONE seen anything it would be a great help if they came forward. At the end of the day everyone owes this to Michael. He is a decent man just doing his job.

Jim Mc