20 MPH speed limit in town

Tammychoink

99 members have voted

1. 1. Should the council impose a 20 MPH speed limit in town?

• Yes
    • No

When this area is busy then it's nearly always the case that traffic is only moving at 20 mph or less in any case. When it's not busy then surely there is less risk of an accident.

But somebody was employed at great expense to do a survey to show that there is a higher than average accident rate so they need to justify that expense with throwing a few hundred thousand more at it. That's how local government works! 

I'm just going to wait for the entertainment with the zebra crossing being put on top of a raised table, assuming it stays in its current location. It always been "amusing" (if worrying) watching some of the attempts at hill starts from folk that have had to stop to let pedestrians across as it is, adding a huge flat top speed hump for them to go over as well is going to be taking things to a whole other level of WTF.

i  hope they get there  proposal through the sooner the better also wish they would look at cars coming in past the post office  that would be safer for   shoppersand they could    get around in safety .

I did not realise this was an accident blackspot. Thankfully there are still some folk in Shetland that don't do all their shopping at tesco or on the internet, and as stated above don't have the time to park at the hillhead. Maybe the tesco carpark should be moved out past sound school so some folk can get the idea of why folk usi g the street want to get as close as possible with their vehicles.

i  hope they get there  proposal through the sooner the better also wish they would look at cars coming in past the post office  that would be safer for   shoppersand they could    get around in safety .

I did not realise this was an accident blackspot. Thankfully there are still some folk in Shetland that don't do all their shopping at tesco or on the internet, and as stated above don't have the time to park at the hillhead. Maybe the tesco carpark should be moved out past sound school so some folk can get the idea of why folk usi g the street want to get as close as possible with their vehicles.

Going by the recent planning decision about the Voe restaurant, Tesco is in Lerwick (the centre of the universe) and is in walking distance of the whole town so therefore should not really need a car park, we simply cannot have all these yokels (or lazy toonies) contributing to climate change by driving anywhere for their errants! Maybe this plan is designed to discourage car use in Lerwick thereby saving the planet one speed bump at a time!