Car Tax - Should I renew for year?

Independance is one thing, but you cannot move your borders South as well.

The lower the emissions of your vehicle, the cheaper the duty. But not with motorcycles, there is a daft campaign on at the moment to do this. Some motorcycles give off more emmissions than some cars, the duty would go up. Also, the braindead who think cycles have to have a disk, well, braindead.

As for licensing etc, the SGov can just pay the current administrator to continue, not really a big deal.

But that's not independence surely, and  I can't see rUK standing for that. I think that SGov will have to  "do their own thing" if they want full independence. 

Independance is one thing, but you cannot move your borders South as well.

Why not? Tony Blair moved the offshore one north and got away with it.

Hardrian's Wall marked the northern border of Roman Britain, north of which roamed the barbarians of the Scottish Lowlands. If Calamity thinks Shetland should reinstate everything back to the way it was pre-1492, I don't see why the Scots can't aspire to reinstate everything to the way it was in 112.

To get back to the OP, best buy a year's worth I think. Everything is bound to increase in price once Holyrood begin to realise what they've let themselves in for. With a bit of luck the hikes may only apply to purchases made after independence and they'll not be able to get organised in time to levy a pro rata increase on the remaining valid portion of tax already bought.

Edited by Ghostrider

As for licensing etc, the SGov can just pay the current administrator to continue, not really a big deal.

But that's not independence surely, and  I can't see rUK standing for that. I think that SGov will have to  "do their own thing" if they want full independence. 

Countries buy services off other countries, why spend additional sums setting up something that is already set up. If Britain is independant, why does it pay Russia to supply gas? Or France to build our power stations? Is it an isolated Scotland you are leaning to here?

Independance would be the ability to decide such things, that is obvious.

Still, go for a year.

In my opinion just buy your road tax as you would normally.

All this second guessing is just that. I doubt that the SNP knows the answer, just like they know little else. Of course wee Eck will just tell us how he thinks it will be, without having this confirmed by those he has yet to get any agreement from. What's new.

I would think whatever happens prices will remain on par with England for a while, after that well, if were landed with independence, your guess is as good as mine.