David Moyes (should he have got more time ?)

B/M/S

Should Moyes have been sacked   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Moyes have been sacked ?

I have been a Manchester United fan for 40 years and my dad for more than 75 years. Born and bred in that part of the world, I lived in Trafford for a very long time.

In most other walks of life and employment, anyone who performs so poorly over a period of 10 months would be sacked. As a football manager earning £80,000 a week why should the rules be relaxed for him.

He was tactically inept. Look at the home game against Fulham, 81 crosses and we drew 2-2. We only scored 3 goals against the top teams in the whole season. His record against the top teams whilst Everton manager was equally poor and Roberto Martinez is now showing Everton also underperformed for many years.

If you simply look at the financial impact of his appointment, it is catastrophic. £27m for Fellaini and he's hopeless, £37m on Mata and can anyone explain what role Moyes had planned for him in the team, a new £25m 5 year contract for Nani, £250m wiped off the company shares value, no Champions league resulting in a £50m loss of footballing income next year and then there is the impact of sponsorships of shirts, loss of TV income, loss from shirt and DVD sales etc

On top of all that and even more damning is, 'Manchester United were boring to watch'

Sir Alex was an unbelievable football manager, but a great business man....I think not. He made quite a few mistakes throughout his career, the "Chosen One" has to be his worse.

The club was right to sack him.

Edited by Moody Blue

Fellani seems to be playing terrible and i dont think many of the players have helped the situation with their lack of application , they won the league last year but just could'nt be bothered to try this year , that was pathetic and they all deserve their wages dropped

Sir Matt lost arguably his best team to an air crash. I think without that tragedy, Sir Matt would equal Sir Alex.

David Moyes stats are more equivalent to Ron Atkinson's, but David Moyes inherited the runaway champions of England, not a bunch of also-rans

I agree the players let him down, but he let the players down. He seemed to constantly undermine their confidence, probably none more so than Patrice Evra - a magnificent servant to Old Trafford over many years.

I really dont care!  Considering the major tragic events happening worldwide, why should this be of any importance? It's taken over the media!

Football is a game, no more, no less, and  the results of the games are of little consequence.

In fact, in some areas, sadly, football is a disease.

I really wish we could hear less of it.

I really dont care!  Considering the major tragic events happening worldwide, why should this be of any importance? It's taken over the media!

Football is a game, no more, no less, and  the results of the games are of little consequence.

In fact, in some areas, sadly, football is a disease.

I really wish we could hear less of it.

Thats why i choose to put it in the Sport section , it is news for sports fans and i dont see any harm in discussing it

Sir Matt lost arguably his best team to an air crash. I think without that tragedy, Sir Matt would equal Sir Alex.

David Moyes stats are more equivalent to Ron Atkinson's, but David Moyes inherited the runaway champions of England, not a bunch of also-rans

I agree the players let him down, but he let the players down. He seemed to constantly undermine their confidence, probably none more so than Patrice Evra - a magnificent servant to Old Trafford over many years.

Moyes inherited a team that was finished. They should never have won the league last season and were gifted the tittle because the challangers were so bad. He was further hindered by a wet nosed chief exec who couldnt get a signing deal done to save himself. All that said the players have to take a share of the blame and as for Ryan Giggs dont get me started.