Flagpoles

Aaron Foord

Has anyone got any idea where I can buy a flagpole in Shetland, or even better a pole for swooper flags?

Not sure if anyone locally sells flagpoles, but if you get one remember it needs to be tough enough for Shetland weather. You may also require planning permission ! A freind of mine was told to take her flag pole down as she didn't have planning permission for a pole out in the sticks. Burocrats with little else to do. :-)

It depends Aaron what you are going to use it for, it could be seen in the eyes of a planner as an advertisement, if it were to stand alone, you will be subject  to planning laws, if it is on an existing building and of a certain hight it may not need consent but the flag may.

This was an interesting application.

Though I guess you will install a more suitable root.

Search for a reputable supplier and a builder that can install it, the supplier can advise on types suitable.

More folk should fly flags!

Well done Aaron and best of luck.

When I read the neighbours 'had concerns' about the flagpole thrashing about in high winds, I thought it a tad over-reactive.

Until I got to the bit about it being in a wheelbarrow.......

Interesting that flagpoles under 3m height are generally considered exempt from PP, never knew that.