Scrap Store Prices

Silver_Birch

moan,moan,moan boring just because you have to pay a few pounds extra,its all for a good cause if you dont like the prices dont go in there,i dont like oranges so i dont buy them,i dont go round moaning about the price of them

why im on the subject of oranges,if oranges are called oranges because they are orange,why arnt bananas called "yellows" ?

Perhaps you are lucky enough to be able to spend money like water and have no restraint on your spending.

Some people live on a fixed income with very little, if any savings and  'a few pounds extra'  makes a big dent in their budget. The very name scrapstore implies affordable prices.

Current policy does not help. While artificially keeping interest rates low to protect those who have just managed to start to buy their house, many of us savers are being hammered. Being that authorities have to keep reserves and pensions in short term investments and on call plans, the low interest rates just about covers costs. As for personal plans, you need quite a tidy sum to attract a good return.

Three or four years ago I went to Cope, hoping that I could get a cooker at a decent pricer as I do not work for medical reasons. I was told by the man at the counter that it was illegal to sell cookers. I walked away somewhat confused. What was a person so confused actually doing there?

Depends if they were able to test it for electrical safety. Some charity shops now do this themselves via a qualified tester.

They would not be able to sell electricals of that nature without a safety certificate being available.

Doesn't seem to stop them selling computers, televisions, and a whole load of other electrical stuff....

Depends if they were able to test it for electrical safety. Some charity shops now do this themselves via a qualified tester.

They would not be able to sell electricals of that nature without a safety certificate being available.

Doesn't seem to stop them selling computers, televisions, and a whole load of other electrical stuff....

Keep Up!

Social enterprise COPE Ltd in Shetland, which provides employment and skill development opportunities for adults with disabilities, has been awarded £112,312 from the Enterprise Ready Fund.

The money will be used to provide up to 15 more work placements and boost participants’ chances of securing long term employment.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/islands/shetland/5493/shetland-enterprise-gets-funding/

What good news!  I know of at least one person who will be hoping to get taken back, and plenty more who will be happy at the chance to work.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I am not an ex 'disgruntled employee' or even someone with an 'axe to grind' I am how ever someone who supports cope where it counts... In their shops. But here I must make a plea to cope, please do something about your body wash formula, I bought some lavender and rose body wash, and I am sorry to say that it is awful! My skin has never been so dry and flaky, on looking at the ingredients I see that it has sodium laural sulphate, I found this about it on the net.

Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) is a synthetic detergent (cleaning agent) and surfactant (which means it makes bubbles). It is used in industrial products such as car wash soap, engine degreasers and floor cleaners. SLS is also an ingredient in a wide range of personal care products such as soaps, shampoos and toothpastes.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1037209/sodium-lauryl-sulphate-sls#ixzz34jyw17RR

You can do better than this Cope, make something that is kind to people not just kind to the producers pocket!! I dont want to wash in the same stuff I clean my car with!

Hey S_B, nice to know you can afford a car. ...and by the way "producers" are people, who employ people, and some of these people make toothpaste especially to help your smile.......................Oh............. you don't do that do you?. Ah well.... never mind. If you ever do wash remember to do behind your ears :)

Shetland Soap Company in 'uses chemicals commonly used in toiletries' shock!

If you want to avoid SLS, you need to look for products that actively promote themselves as not containing them. I'm curious, SB, to know what you usually have in your bathroom cabinet - there are not that many products on shop shelves that dont use these things. Try going to Healthcraft instead.

Edited by zebedee