School Closures

Todd

^ No it ain't. SIC Education have been called out by apparently informed official organisation(s) for banding about inaccurate figures, and they've neither denied it or attempted to explain it as far as I'm aware.

Until and unless they address the accusations, and address them satisfactorily, they as a department remain open to question, as does the entire SIC who by default relies on the information passed to them by Education.

Edited by Ghostrider

It may be correct, but a little lacking in its detail. As for the SIC not knowing the cost of things, they have to know that, otherwise the auditers of monies will be involved. You also hate everything (it appears) about the SIC, and think they are continual failures (it appears).

Again, ask them to clarify, then you would have something to work with apart from appearances.

^ Try an keep up Peat, the detail was all over the paper a while back - or don't you subscribe waaay down there in Englandshire.

The SIC only need to account for how much was spent and what it was spent on to fob off the auditors, what is spent on something however is not necessarily how much it cost.

Yes, I hate everything about the council, and consider they at best do a very bad job of doing what they're supposed to be doing. I have all the clarity I need, living under the heel of their jackboot and propaganda day by day is all that's needed there, but you won't be able to understand that, seeing as you don't.

There is a difference between getting a "lie" and getting answers from specific questions. The type and style of question must always be carefully considered. However, it is your council, you have the gift to sort it out by your very presence on the isles. Cllr. Fox has surely had his say!

As for subscribing to the newspaper. Well, is it worth it when I could get the truth and unbiased facts here, and, they are still one of the most expensive "local" papers I know of. Especially at £1 per e-copy.

Folk then needs to write to the ombudsman. It would be better from one of the residents directly involved I would think.

I am sure these people have been written to.

You will not be able to see the figures adding up if you have not got them Paul. Are the youngsters taking scheduled flights now instead of the ferry?

• Corporate Management Team, Chief Executive, SIC Committee, Audit and Standards Committee, Risk Management Board, Internal Audit, Risk Management Section.

and then

Audit Scotland and Public Sector Inspectorates.

Unfortunately, it is a very local issue, though its magnitude may feel high at a local level. I am sure folk are meeting across the isles who are in similar situations to formulate a stratergy that involves the facts and the delivery of them.

There is a difference between getting a "lie" and getting answers from specific questions. The type and style of question must always be carefully considered. However, it is your council, you have the gift to sort it out by your very presence on the isles. Cllr. Fox has surely had his say!

As for subscribing to the newspaper. Well, is it worth it when I could get the truth and unbiased facts here, and, they are still one of the most expensive "local" papers I know of. Especially at £1 per e-copy.

Folk then needs to write to the ombudsman. It would be better from one of the residents directly involved I would think.

I am sure these people have been written to.

You will not be able to see the figures adding up if you have not got them Paul. Are the youngsters taking scheduled flights now instead of the ferry?

• Corporate Management Team, Chief Executive, SIC Committee, Audit and Standards Committee, Risk Management Board, Internal Audit, Risk Management Section.

and then

Audit Scotland and Public Sector Inspectorates.

Unfortunately, it is a very local issue, though its magnitude may feel high at a local level. I am sure folk are meeting across the isles who are in similar situations to formulate a stratergy that involves the facts and the delivery of them.

Peat, when I've formulated the first clue about what this is supposed to be saying, I'll know whether it might merit a reply. Just don't hold your breath waiting....

The Skerries closure was not just about money, but about quality of education, social skills and opportunity for young people.

Which are always going to be subjective, but who better to judge actual value of them than the recipients and their families.

Folk who work in Hayfield House and ones who've never lived on an isle, cannot have more than a vague appreciation of the actual value to isle residents of any one given service or facility.