100 Days to Scottish Independence Referendum

Gortch ,  you will also be boycotting the 52 % who either voted yes or didn't vote , surely that would be unfair and bad for your business ?

As for the 48% who did vote no , perhaps many of them are proud of their Scottish connections and it would be rather unfair to boycott them for the sake of some comments on this medium which is not to your liking.?

Whilst I suspect you may be * takin da pish" , if you consider what I have just stated you may see the ignorance of your position ?

But go for it old chap ! Boycott all No voters and enjoy the 55% drop in earnings !

Gortch

Why don't you tell us who you are and what your business is?

That way, we could avoid the embarrassment of a refusal by avoiding you altogether....  I'm sure that there must be other people who can/would provide/supply whatever it is that you do and, I would hate to try and give such a spiteful, mean minded person as you my business..

Vague threats will not get you anywhere here unless, of course, your aim is to waste people's time.

NB;

YOU LOST A VOTE.  NOBODY DIED.  GET OVER IT..

Everything you say here confirms my suspicions that elements on your island are anti-Scottish. I've read a few of your posts on here and I'm glad you responded because you exemplify the type of person in Shetland I want to take aim at.

On the presumed substance of your post which is ill-considered and wrong in many parts, we can say the following;

1) you clearly are anti-Scottish

2) you don't regard yourself as Scottish

3) you ask what has the Scottish parliament done for Shetland. And interestingly obtuse point but let's consider it with seriousness.

You might ask what the Scottish parliament has done for any specific region though, and what do you assume it has done for say Glasgow in particular? I can assure you I'd struggle myself to answer that. But let's be clear that the Scottish parliament has very limited powers in many areas. Let's also be clear that it's only been in existence for about 15 years and in about half those years was dominated by Labour.

The Labour Party stabbed the whole of the UK in the back, took us into an illegal war that resulted in literally millions of innocent people dead, and totally wrecked our economy with its light touch approach to letting big business do what it wanted. We all suffered.

I think the SNP compares favourably with the Labour Party. The SNP he put emphasis on the NHS and is committed to its protection, despite limits on its power and budget. That has and will benefit shetlanders. We can debate waiting times etc, if you want, I have all the details to hand.

Thanks to the SNP, prescriptions are free and council tax has been frozen. This has benefitted shetlanders too, I would argue. And how about the policy of reducing cost on ferry services, has that no benefitted Shetland? I went to the isle of bute last year in a van and it cost me £145 return, are you suggesting that's preferential treatment for the central belt? It's a 20 minute crossing.

The SNP have not taken our sons and daughters into illegal wars. The SNP haven't wrecked our economy and handed it on a platter to big business. On the contrary, they opposed those things at the time. Think about that, it's important, they attacked a British government before and after the invasion of Iraq.

I could go on and on about student fees and other things but we all know the Scottish parliament has no teeth in most areas and a limited budget so I won't bore you.

Suffice to say I am more solved to boycott Shetland than I ever was after reading your comments. And I'll be talking many other foreigners in Scotland to do so too. A lot of us will. And I repeat, do not expect any welcome from people like myself in Glasgow of which I hope and think there are many.

Gortch

That way, we could avoid the embarrassment of a refusal by avoiding you altogether....  I'm sure that there must be other people who can/would provide/supply whatever it is that you do and, I would hate to try and give such a spiteful, mean minded person as you my business..

Vague threats will not get you anywhere here unless, of course, your aim is to waste people's time.

NB;

Trust me, shetlanders will soon find out what business I am in. As will people from Orkney and Aberdeen. You will suffer for this treachery. If I was minded to tone this down, it would be on the basis that you lack understanding if anything but I don't make any such allowances for thick people down here so why should I single Shetland out?

Gortch:

Watch the door doesn't whack you on the ass on your way oot.

And what's the betting that Orkney and Borders are getting the same post with their location on it?

Enjoy the attention and make fun of it by all means. But know this, I and others are serious. We will get you back for is. We will have another referendum soon, within ten years, and when we do the vast majority of us will see the Westminster pledge was a lie and the scaremongering for what it was.

By a process of political gravitation, Shetland will fall into the hands of the Scottish people like a ripe apple and when it does this will be remembered.

Tomorrow I return to business as usual. But trust me, there will be boycotts and shetland will be on the list. This is not over.

Gortch

NB;

And plenty have died.

Gortch ,  you will also be boycotting the 52 % who either voted yes or didn't vote , surely that would be unfair and bad for your business ?

As for the 48% who did vote no , perhaps many of them are proud of their Scottish connections and it would be rather unfair to boycott them for the sake of some comments on this medium which is not to your liking.?

Whilst I suspect you may be * takin da pish" , if you consider what I have just stated you may see the ignorance of your position ?

But go for it old chap ! Boycott all No voters and enjoy the 55% drop in earnings !

Almost two thirds of Shetland voted No. You are all being collectively punished and it's my democratic right to do that. It's up to the reasonable people there to put pressure on the idiots and I will be helping them do that as I see it.