New road layoot at da brig o fitch.

quattro

How mony weeks is it fae da brig o fitch wis hocit up last ? No inta double figers yet I tink. Bit late spare !! Yun i'll be da council doen it again. It's no liten up posts dat's needed its filter lanes , so you can git aff an on da main drag mare slikly I tink.

Completely agree Quattro. Typical of this council, undertake weeks of work then within a week or two decide that they should do something different and dig up some of the newly laid tar.

Surely it would have been cost effective to have done it all at the same time. When will this council learn to think things through before they start rather than after they finish.

I have been driving for just over a year and a half, I think that the council have made a wise decision on trying to reduce collisions at the Brig o Fitch. I have seen near-accidents but not actual ones (if you know what I mean).

These filter lanes, are you meaning like the layouts they have at the Black Gaet junctions?

You have to wonder how long it will be before someone drives into the splitter island they are proposing :-)

I am a little worried you find the possibility of someone having an accident worthy of a smile. Why would it be pleasing to you if they do? Crass!

It has been a dangerous junction for as long as I can remember. I have seen the aftermouth of one or two incidents. It is drivers that cause incidents, very rare is it the road. If a road does become a black spot, the council have to spend money to try and prevent drivers having any contact.

Edited by shetlandpeat

You have to wonder how long it will be before someone drives into the splitter island they are proposing :-)

I am a little worried you find the possibility of someone having an accident worthy of a smile. Why would it be pleasing to you if they do? Crass!.

Oh for god sake get a life, it was tongue in cheek. Why do you insist on finding something to pick on in most folks posts. Can you not think of something positive to say about anything. You have to pick pick pick. :-(

It is good that the council are looking at this junction. It may go towards saving the odd soul and injury, as well as the increased insurance premiums we all have to suffer. Sadly, the criteria for this sort of work to be done involves loss of life or serious injury, something I would not want any one to have to suffer, regardless. An incident on the road where someone dies can cost up to one million pounds from start to finish, much paid out of the public purse or by others in delays, diversions and loss of income.

Islands can make a difference, with associated signage and road markings. Using a different surface colour and texture can also help. Rumble strips on all approaches to the junction alert the motorist that caution is needed.

I would make the junction a STOP junction, where cars have to stop befor pulling out. If drivers then still want to drive without any care or attention, there will be little to argue against. The island will also stop motorists cutting the corner.

Other options could be to force all motorists to slow down by reducing the speed limit and imposing a raised junction, though that in its self could create other hazards. Traffic lights and roundabouts have been mentiond, if more folk are injured or lose their lives, it could still come to that.

Oh, perhaps drivers could slow down and be abit more courteous

an island isna going to stop folk pulling oot o da junction infront o idder folk

It might not stop people pulling out full stop but it will stop those who cut the corner to nip either in or out in front of on coming traffic. If my memory serves me right a number of accidents happen from cars not slowing down enough that end up cutting the corner and as a result of not being aware of the camber change, loose control of the car.