Co-op car park is terrible

Lerwick antiques

The Shetland Times report from October 2013 following the local co-op annual meeting stated they were going to fix the car park.

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2013/10/24/co-op-members-hear-of-pending-improvements-at-lerwick-store/

A gentle reminder in their comments box about past promises to fix the pot holes may help them to get on with fixing the problem they recognise as an issue.

It's a pretty horrible, yet somehow feels safer than Tesco's one -  where most of the drivers seem completely oblivious to pedestrians, other cars and the basic rules of the road.

I would guess that the speeds will be lower. Mind, if the comments here are true, then Tesco will be the only provider of plastic tat and cheap processed food on the islands. Something to look forward to I am sure.

It's a pretty horrible, yet somehow feels safer than Tesco's one -  where most of the drivers seem completely oblivious to pedestrians, other cars and the basic rules of the road.

True. Nobody ever checks right before heading out of the mid-carpark junction - I'm not sure people even realise it's a junction. And no one seems to be able to turn in without cutting the corner, and then it's your fault for nearly hitting them.

I haven't been to the Coop since probably two months ago. The last I was there, I parked a car on a parking space which had holes that unfortunately made the wheels position themselves in. It was nerve-racking trying to get the car out because at one point I was wanting to call on someone to push the car, it took roughly ten minutes to get the car out of the holes - luckily there were no scratches or bumps - the next I would go to Coop, I'll just take the bus or walk.

CrunchieSquirrel, you are right, it's bad. Not that the incident you described has happened to me. Don't we all agree that the car park should be re-surfaced to prevent incidents like this?

Also the white lines to show the parking spaces are nearly all worn off the middle section. It's just a sign on neglect, probably for the co-op to save money. But don't we all agree that if we choose to shop at Co-op that we are all entitled to a nice smooth clearly marked parking area?