Co-op car park is terrible

Lerwick antiques

I think Co-op were opting to have the self-service checkouts in their store. The problem is there is very little room left, thanks to Peacocks and the fact nobody or very few people go into the shop. Sometimes what they need would be lure customers into the shop with an apple or something on the end of a fishing rod.

I'm just blied the COOP has so far survived all the Banking disaster stuff, and that the Lerwick COOP is still open.

Peacocks rent is hopefully helping them stay afloat?

I can usually get everything on my shopping list there, with some good special offers / savings.

It is getting a lot busier in the COOP these days, and there seems to be quite a few more new staff.

I like the COOP, some fine folk been working there for a long time who always say hello, and are ready to help.

They will no doubt get round to any necessary refurbishments in good time.

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit, I like the Co-op but they don't deliver and Tesco's does now so a lot of my business has moved house. It is impossible to get frozen food home on the bus but Tesco's deliver and so they win there. Will the Co-op fight back? I doubt it, so Tesco is in a win/win situation. Pity but......

Edited by georgethegent

I must admit, I like the Co-op but they don't deliver and Tesco's does now so a lot of my business has moved house. It is impossible to get frozen food home on the bus but Tesco's deliver and so they win there. Will the Co-op fight back? I doubt it, so Tesco is in a win/win situation. Pity but......

Not impossible to get frozen food home on the bus.  Use a decent cool bag or box or the like and perhaps a couple of those ice block things and make sure the bag is nearly full.  Well it works for me and I have one of the longest bus journeys in Shetland........a bit over 2 hours.

Not impossible to get frozen food home on the bus.  Use a decent cool bag or box or the like and perhaps a couple of those ice block things and make sure the bag is nearly full.  Well it works for me and I have one of the longest bus journeys in Shetland........a bit over 2 hours.

Understood and agreed but it is a bit of a pain. That's probably the main reason that I'm so pleased that Tesco are willing to bring it to my door for me. With the bus times coming up for change on Monday though, I may well be back to the Co-op a bit more often.

• 4 months later...

Well that takes the biscuit with the Co-op car park. Tonight I had to carefully steer out around four co-op trollies in the middle of the car park part out side the door, they had just been abandoned in the middle of the lane. These folk at the Co-op will need to get a grip, not only have they NOT done anything about the car park pot holes but now they think it is acceptable to leave trollies in the way of traffic.   

Well that takes the biscuit with the Co-op car park. Tonight I had to carefully steer out around four co-op trollies in the middle of the car park part out side the door, they had just been abandoned in the middle of the lane. These folk at the Co-op will need to get a grip, not only have they NOT done anything about the car park pot holes but now they think it is acceptable to leave trollies in the way of traffic.   

So Co-op staff take trollies outside and dump them in front of cars now as well?  :ponders:

And I see you've written 'carefully steer out around four trollies'. I take it you couldn't be bothered to move them out of the way to help out your fellow motorists, then?

Oh, poor you..

I wonder if the concept of 'private property' has any meaning to you?

It is their car park and, no doubt, they will upgrade it to your satisfaction in their own good time.

It wasn't the co-op that left trollies in the middle of the car park.  It was customers.

Pity that some other customers cannot be bothered to get out of their nice warm and comfortable cars to move them or, even use them..  Maybe you expect to walk into the store and find a trolley at the door just waiting for you..

I am wondering whether it is the co-op that needs to get a grip.