Food horror stories

Njugle

Guest CyprusPluto

I once peeled the lid off a yoghurt and without looking started to lick the lid. It was disgusting and when I looked the lid and practically the whole yoghurt pot was green with mould.

I can't recall the number of drinks I had to get rid of the taste in my mouth, but I didn't have a headache for months :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Dad used to walk the 7 miles to and from work in all weathers. His colleagues were always pleased in the summer months when he used to bring in the yellow tomatoes, wash them and put them on the window sill next to the machine at which he worked to ripen. H ewould sell them to the staff at a few pence each and they all told him that they were the best they had ever tasted. He wouldn't tell them where they came from, but he was actually hopping over the fence of the sewage processing plant on the way to work and picking them off the top of the beds of poo. I wonder if they would have still lined up to buy if they knew where they came from?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd made the family a rhubarb fool for dessert once, several years ago, served in some nice glass pudding dishes. It was quite a tasty rhubarb fool and I was enjoying every morsel until I got to the very bottom and saw 8 wiggling legs. A spider must have made itself at home in the dish and it went unnoticed as I poured the fool into the dish and let it set in the fridge. Gak!

I've never made rhubarb fool since and I now store all pudding dishes upside down. :oops: