David Cameron in Shetland

Lerwick antiques

He looks like a buttock.

That's polite, and a good morning to my soon to be neighbour. I wouldn't have been so pllite refering to him.

Lerwick antiques, youre so right but im sure if there are any changes following his visit they will be for the worse not better.

Edited by JayneSue

The sad truth is neither Thatcher, Salmond nor Cameron know the first thing about Shetland....except for the oil angle.

What little they spout is just the pr blurb they're fed before coming.

I don't think any Shetlanders were taken in by it nor cared. Infact, if anything it probably irks and alienates most Shetlanders even more. It did me....

What also annoyed me was to hear Radio Shetland making such a hoo-haa to him about the laying of that huge interconnector cable between Shetland and "the mainland"(ie Scotland).

Edited by Kavi Ugl

They might have visited in different capacities but I think you only need to look at the quiet, dignified way Queen Sonja conveyed herself compared to David Cameron's "crash, bang, I'm here and now I'm gone" visit.

The front page of The Shetland Times was an embarrassment today and I know which article I read and it wasn't the one about DC...

I think there was a valuable lesson for Shetland from this "double" visit - if only we'd learn it....

Edited by Kavi Ugl

They might have visited in different capacities but I think you only need to look at the quiet, dignified way Queen Sonja conveyed herself compared to David Cameron's "crash, bang, I'm here and now I'm gone" visit.

The front page of The Shetland Times was an embarrassment today and I know which article I read and it wasn't the one about DC...

I think there was a valuable lesson for Shetland from this "double" visit - if only we'd learn it....

The difference, Kavi, is that Queen Sonja is royalty visiting from a relatively minor foreign state and - like it or not - Cameron is the Prime Minister of this country and therefore of more interest to the majority of people in the UK.

And, like it or not, we are part of the UK.  :thmbsup