Asbestos

jimjim

Does onbody on here ken if the Sandveien houses contain asbestos? I think they have Artex on the ceiling and I just drilled a small hole in it to hang a boxing bag. Should I be worried that I might have released asbestos fibres?!? :ponders: The houses were built in the 1970s when Asbestos was still being used.

Couldn't tell you about there being asbestos, but those places had ceiling heating systems in them when built. Very probably they've long since been replaced with something else, but if not, there was a belief (might have been an urban myth though) among many tenants back in the day that you shouldn't make holes in the ceilings, as it would mess with the heating working properly. That belief (right or wrong) seemed to put most folk off thinking about making holes in them though, so what the ceilings were actually made of wasn't something that crossed many folk's minds.

Been a while since I was there though, so there's probably any number of folk who have more up to date and more accurate info

Edited by Ghostrider