Hey guys and girls! I was just wondering if there is anyone that knows how to write scripts for videos/films that would like to work with me to do a half hour video with me to post up on youtube? it'd be based in Shetland and would be a thriller genre.
It's about a guy who gets blamed for killing his family (Brother, Mum and Dad), I'd like to give more details but that'd ruin it for everyone else, so if your interested then comment on here or pm me :) thanks so much for reading if you don't reply though.

and sorry if it's not meant for this particular forum, I don't go on forums often.

Hi Kendal, and welcome to the forums.

There's a wealth of people making short films in Shetland. Some recent examples include the 'Ebb Tide' project - http://www.shetlandarts.org/ebbtide - and the folk who had their films shown at this year's 'Home Made' screening at Screenplay (the local film festival) http://www.mareel.org/watch/cinema-listings/screenplay-home-made

Please do drop me an email and I'll be happy to help - bryan.peterson@shetlandarts.org

Hi Kendal

There's a few books out there for first time script/ film writers that break it down and simplify the process. I would google them and have a read first as it would give you a good idea of what's involved. I've always thought that a Bank robbery or Road movie made in Shetland would be good.

If I find any books on script writing I will send the details.ok.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this kind of thing for several years. I tried cartooning and still dabble on the laptop. Never actually written a script before but I'm sure it's not as difficult as it sounds. One thought was to start an amateur movie making group and see how many were interested in filling the various job slots required for a production. I forsee most wanting to be actors, camera men or director with nobody taking care of a dozen other essential tasks (like script writing)  I'd still like to see an amateur group although I'm getting a little too old to run around any more.