Fjarå Cafe

Kavi Ugl

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PG-Tips-Bags-Pyramid-Cups/dp/B000I6NO0Y/ref=sr_1_4/276-8718468-8988615?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1425506992&sr=1-4&keywords=tea+bags+in+bulk

Whilst I recognize the real costs of the cup o tae is the boiling of the water and the cost of labour to pour and then wash the cup......... I would have thought an honest profit could still be turned at 50 pence a cup.......If your turn over is healthy of course....

But that would nae doot be going against the true spirit of capitilism.......

Never mind this bollox im awa tae pit da kettle on..........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PG-Tips-Bags-Pyramid-Cups/dp/B000I6NO0Y/ref=sr_1_4/276-8718468-8988615?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1425506992&sr=1-4&keywords=tea+bags+in+bulk

Whilst I recognize the real costs of the cup o tae is the boiling of the water and the cost of labour to pour and then wash the cup......... I would have thought an honest profit could still be turned at 50 pence a cup.......If your turn over is healthy of course....

Never mind this bollox im awa tae pit da kettle on..........

I would agree that, given the cost of basic materials involved,  £1.50 is a little on the high side but I would suggest that .50p per cup is unrealistic because you forgot about (or just didn't mention)....

In no particular order;

The cost of the milk (if you take it)

The cost of the sugar (if you take it)

The cost of the nice new kettle

The cost of the nice new crockery

The cost of the nice new washing equipment

The cost of the nice new furniture

The cost of the nice new building

Business Rates and the cost of various 'compliances'. (fire extinguishers, fat traps etc.)

And, the cost of anything else that I can't be bothered to mention.

And Colin did not mention the wage element.  Making tea, taking money, clearing table and so on all all costs money.  Perhaps just over 10p a minute on minimum wage.  I regret that I have not tried the place yet if only because I am normally at Tesco around lunchtime and would not feel comfortable popping in for a cup of tea when people are there for lunch.

I do like a good comedy.....  :cool:

In no particular order;

The cost of the milk (if you take it)

The cost of the sugar (if you take it)

The cost of the nice new kettle

The cost of the nice new crockery

The cost of the nice new washing equipment

The cost of the nice new furniture

The cost of the nice new building

Business Rates and the cost of various 'compliances'. (fire extinguishers, fat traps etc.)

And, the cost of anything else that I can't be bothered to mention.

It may also be common for tea to be the only thing that a person orders, so they effectively become a table blocker for an hour vs those that will order meals. That perhaps also factors into the equation...

lets praise them for risking money on it. tthey are new let them settle in and work out there real costings. well done on opening. well done for employing folks. well done for believing in shetland. thank you. i will one day try you out. in summer will you be allowing folks to eat outside you really have a nice spot dont waste it.     

Exactly, good luck to them,  that's capitalism baby,  nobody is making anybody spend their hard earned money in Fjara. If people want to spend £3.50 on a pot of tea for one and sit in nice surroundings then good on them. If the next wants to sit on the wall outside with a flask then that's up to them. The jury will be out if it is still going in a few years time, and I hope they are. 

yolo

lets praise them for risking money on it. tthey are new let them settle in and work out there real costings. well done on opening. well done for employing folks. well done for believing in shetland. thank you. i will one day try you out. in summer will you be allowing folks to eat outside you really have a nice spot dont waste it.     

Here, here. It's a great addition to the town that's not public funded, so needs to make a profit!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...