Problems with touchpad on new laptop

ng7627

It'll still be under warranty. I had similar problems with a brand new Vaio I bought last year. Called Sony and whilst they had me jumping through daft hoops "have you tried turning it off and on again?" - they collected by courier and returned by courier within 10 days - 1 year on and it all still works. Naturally, all FOC! :)

Note to others: I will never by a touch-screen laptop again. Total gimmick. 

Thanks everybody for yor replies.  We have decided to take it back to a Curry's store.  It is brand new and shouldn't really have that problem.  It's funny it works when she logs on and then stops working which makes me think it is something to do with the windows but I may be wrong.  Anyway never had this problem wi a laptop before and seems strange as the laptop is new.

Thanks everybody for yor replies.  We have decided to take it back to a Curry's store.  It is brand new and shouldn't really have that problem.  It's funny it works when she logs on and then stops working which makes me think it is something to do with the windows but I may be wrong.  Anyway never had this problem wi a laptop before and seems strange as the laptop is new.

Log in as another user and see if it still happens, also try putting the laptop back to factory settings(this will wipe all user files and settings), usually F12 I think as soon as you switch it on.

Edited by shetlandcars