Loyalty cards

petergear

Your attitude to loyalty cards - please select the option below which matches your feelings most strongly  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Your attitude to loyalty cards - please select the option below which matches your feelings most strongly

• I feel they speed the checkout process and increase store efficiency
    • I feel that stores would not be able to offer discounts if they did not have loyalty schemes
    • I only shop at stores which offer loyalty schemes
    • I love the way they make my pocket swell, helping me look like a real eighties-style gold-card achiever
    • They boil my urine

"Loyalty" cards. Don't you just love carrying them around with you? Ah, the savings... the exclusive savings that they simply wouldn't be able to offer you, if you didn't carry the mystical card of discount.

The rush of trying to fish out the appropriate one from amongst the expanse of credit-card sized slivers of plastic in your pockets, while everyone waits behind you in the queue, the checkout operator getting impatient... MWAHH HAH HAAA! THE POWER!!! ("Ah here it is.... no sorry that's my Shetland Smartcard. Hold on... no, that's the Dividend. Is that it? No... I'm sure it's here somewhere)

Do loyalty cards fill you with enthusiasm to return to the shops that have such schemes? Or not?

I feel that there's enough metadata regarding my life being held on computers around the globe without people knowing what I eat, or what manner of paper I use to wipe me ass.

Loyalty card issuers are bribing users to divulge details about their lives, in order that they might target them with more and more aggressive marketing.

Unless it's a co-op divvy card, they're cool bacause they give you money you can spend on drink.

I feel that there's enough metadata regarding my life being held on computers around the globe without people knowing what I eat, or what manner of paper I use to wipe me ass.

Loyalty card issuers are bribing users to divulge details about their lives, in order that they might target them with more and more aggressive marketing.

Unless it's a co-op divvy card, they're cool bacause they give you money you can spend on drink.

Exactly my take on it all. If you get one ... ensure that your address doesn't get associated with it!!